Hearse tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearse tops

I've had several people suggest to me to put line-x or some sort of truck bed liner material on my hearse top. I'm not wanting it to be extremely textured, but I want it to be sealed, which is the reason I am leaning towards doing it. Anyone have any photos of their rides with these types of tops? I'm trying to see how it looks compared to vinyl or just painting it.

abnorml on here had it done to his 73 M&M and it looks great im currently in the process of fixing the roof on my 75 Superior and then im getting it done as well here is a photo of hisIndainLandFunFestival2008side.JPG
    Last edited by Hearse_Guy; 01-17-2011, 02:18 AM. Reason: adding a picture

Comment

Several members have done it.

The texture can be changed somewhat depending how it was applied.

Try searching older posts on this topic.

Comment

Will be doing my 1980 S&S, when the weather warms up. Check out the Nolahearse. LorcinLS1 did his also.

Comment

Did Mine Myself too. Really don't have any real close ups on this site though. Facebook has a few.
          Last edited by travlinman; 01-18-2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I'll get some shots of mine. If you get it professionally done, it will be smoother. On the plus side - should there be any fallout or thin parts, it's easy to touch up.

Comment

I used chip guard on my top, It's the stuff that is used to protect the lower body panels from road debris. It's easy to apply yourself and it gives a smoother surface than most bed liners I've seen. It does have to be painted, but that gives you a choice other than black. I painted mine burgundy with a flattening agent to cut the gloss. I don't have any good close ups of the roof but maybe I can get one if the snow ever melts here in the east. It comes in spray cans, I needed two to do the rear half roof on my crown.

Comment

Working...
              X