Whats your hearse worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your hearse worth?

Where do you find out like a blue book value of a hearse? I am looking to find out what a 95 cadillac hearse with 33k on it is worth.

First i would go check this link out - http://www.hearseclub.com/resources/...ingahearse.htm

For the most part i would say $1000 - $2000 depending on the condition.

Comment

Buying or selling?
      What part of the country?
      How much rust?

Comment

LOL Yeah how do I find out how much my hearse is worth... LOL I imagine it is worth what someone wants to pay for it.

Comment

This is the hearse Im talking about http://greensboro.craigslist.org/ctd/2227228070.html to buy how much do would you say its worth. isn't there a blue book value of some kind to go by?

Comment

No, there is no such reliable thing as a Blue Book for pro cars.

Value? Probably 6k-8k would be what I would pay. But asking price could be up to 12k.

Comment

The 90's hearses are in that area where they are still worth a little more than reasonable collector prices because they could still be in regular service. The best time to buy a used hearse is in that gray area vintage where the funeral directors would not be wanting to use them in service for fear of looking outdated but where the collectors aren't looking at them as a really desirable car either. A good example of this would be say a really early box shaped 1990-1993 hearse where it's a little too old to be in service, but still pretty new so they resale (reasonably) for about $2000-$3000 and when dealing with unreasonable prices $4-$6000.

The mid to late 90's like this one are rounder and still look fairly modern and fetch more. I am starting to see them coming down in price but not to a huge extent so I'd think somewhere between $3-$4000 would be a GOOD deal, $4-$8000 would be...not a rip off, but a price you could beat by looking around a little more.

In general I like to tell people that unless the hearse you're looking at is EXACTLY what you want or is exceedingly nice, if you're paying over $2000 as a general rule you're probably paying too much. Don't pay over $2000 for a cruddy looking car no matter what it is and assuredly, don't pay that just because it's got a landau bar on it. If what attracts you to it is the fact that it's a car that carried dead people (which is what first attracted ME, I learned about styling and other attributes MUCH later) then don't blow a load of money on the first one you see. Be patient, do your research and wait for a really good deal.

Comment

Thanks for asking the question and for all the great advice from everyone. I have been in the same boat as well as I'm sure many other people are.

Comment

There are not too many hearses in Our immediate area that I found. I would be willing to pay more for a local car than getting it cheaper 1/2 aross the country and figuring out how to get it home, i guess it all comes out in the wash.

Comment

Those pictures look similar to those zrepo peoples photos. I've heard horror stories about them.

Comment

Outinstyle I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Outinstyle View Post
                        Those pictures look similar to those zrepo peoples photos. I've heard horror stories about them.
                        I don't think it's the zrepo idiots.
                        Looks like they have a few hearses and limos for sale. Here is a link to there professional cars, http://www.billblackautomotive.com/u...knum=L&mask=1#
                        I know somebody that lives kind of close. I can ask if he has ever went by there.

Comment

I'm sure it's the same jerk. 704-366-0000 is his number

Comment

State of Georgia says mine is worth $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrown View Post
                              I'm sure it's the same jerk. 704-366-0000 is his number
                              The one posted in this thread is a dealership. Also zrepo has a couple of different numbers. The one you listed and 8O3-337-4O34.

Comment

Working...
                              X