captains chairs in the hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• captains chairs in the hearse

ive found four captain chairs from a junkyard van find ....thought of boltin them to the frame just like they were in the van.... thoughts and ideas welcome

With a raised roof, they could look pretty cool.

The only goofy thing is that the front floor drops lower than in the center of the car.
    The rear seats will sit 4-5 inches higher.

If you have mad skills, you could weld in new floor pans that recess in to the floor so all the seats look the same.

Comment

thanks for the input sadly i do not have these mad skills u speak of ( what do u think of cutin the post of the chairs down ? im figureing that that will be a whole new set of issues in the way it could be bolded or even welded ......but like i said , ive got kindof crazy ideas for custom interriors,just lookin for possitive feedback....not the "u should keep it factory made " ya know

Comment

Hey I'm a HUGE fan of customizing (just look at my old car and previous threads)

Seats are a tricky subject. They have to be amazingly strong in case of even a minor accident. DO NOT SKIMP.
        Do it well or not at all.

Now I will put my soap box away.
        Any bodyshop worth its salt should be able to cut 2 squares out of your floor and lower the pan down a few inches. Be sure the reinforce the areas where the seats bolt down. Its just like replacing rusted floor pans. On a side note, you should see what a "body drop" entails.

Anyway, do not cut up your seats. The frames are somewhat heat treated.

Comment

thankyou man for the input i appreciate your thoughts on the subject if you have any pics of yr old hearse or current cars yr workin on id really love to see them thanks again

Comment

There is a youtube video if you search BIGEVIL Hearse

Here is a small build link.
            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Here is the website from the current owner

Comment

Working...
            X