strong gas smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strong gas smell

Hey guys! Just the other day I was in Casey's and when I came out some guy was looking at my coach (91 federal) and he said he noticed a strong gas smell when he walked by. Now that he mentioned it, I notice it also. Is this normal?

Probly not. Check your tank, see if its wet or has any leakes. Follow the fuel lines up and see if anythings wet. Probly a leak somewhere, look it over real good.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply SmoothNlow. Now to figure how to get this beast up in the air! LOL!

Comment

Hey no prob man. Fuel issue isn't something to play with. For one, its like dumping liquid gold on the ground if its got a leak haha!! Plus if you've got a leak under the hood it could be dangerous. Check to see no lines are rubbing somewhere and have a pin hole. Check hose clamps and all connections. And be careful lifting your coach!

Comment

Without getting her up in the air to look, it seems to be a slow steady drip back towards the rear axle. I'm thinking maybe a fuel return line. Doesn't seem to be under pressure or it would
          be dribbling! A buddy has a jack and stands, so maybe this weekend we can raise her up and get a good look. Hope it's an easy patch with a flaring tool and some tubing!

Comment

Looks like you have maybe found the problem. However, I will just say Mine had a Gas Smell also but no visible leak - When the tank came out for floor repairs, come to find out the filler tube on the top of the tank was loose. Never dripped but a lot of vapors.

Comment

Working...
            X