Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was the last year Cadillac Made ambulances/limousine style cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was the last year Cadillac Made ambulances/limousine style cars?

I know they shortened the wheel base at some point, but whats the last year that they made cars with the third window?

At the end of 1979 cadillac commercial chassis were no longer used as ambulances to due federal mandates and laws. They moved to using vans and truck chassis. Some one else can probly better confirm or disprove this, but I believe this is about the same time limo style hearses became pretty uncommon, if built at all. I can't recall a limo style hearse after 79 or 80...but I very well could be wrong on that.

Comment

1977 was the year Cadillac downsized there cars. Limo style are still being built today. They are not common, but I have seen a few different ones. I have seen with a round window and also the square window. I like the way the Echelon hearse looks, the window fits better.
      main.jpg 08_s&s_masterpiece.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow cool! I figured there was a strong possibility i was wrong lol. They do look pretty cool. I've never seen one of those.

Comment

Forset Lawn in California to this day will NOT use Landau Style coaches. Michael Jackson's Funeral took place at Forset Lawn, Hollywood, and a Limo Style hearse was used.

Comment

here is a 2011
            looks like a camper shell on a flowercar or something with the hatch in the rear its just wrong
            i passed a home with one last week looks just as bad in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
              1977 was the year Cadillac downsized there cars. Limo style are still being built today. They are not common, but I have seen a few different ones. I have seen with a round window and also the square window. I like the way the Echelon hearse looks, the window fits better.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]9469[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]9470[/ATTACH]
              Of the three, the S&S Masterpiece is the one I think looks best, but I think lenghtening the third window a liile, would have looked better. The problem with today's Limo Style Funeral coach's, is that Hearses are first designed as Landaus. The rear windows on most of today's limo style hearses look like a poorly thought out after thought.

Comment

The trouble with most of today's Limo Style coaches, is that they come across as afterthoughts. Landaus have become widely accepted, so that's where all the effort goes, especially in the case of the round rear windows. It's too bad that there is so little call for Limo style coaches, that no real thought seems to go into their design.

Comment

Yea I see exactly what your saying. It looks like some one just randomly cut a window in a landau, rather than designing the coach around that window...Your right they should really put more thought, and take more pride in the modern limo style coaches.

Comment

Take a look at this new beauty...

Comment

Yea, that's actually pretty nice...

Comment

Working...
                      X