No announcement yet.

Are all funeral home owners like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The man that use to own my hearse is a funeral director. He has given me idea of things to do to my hearse. He also gave me a shirt that says "Put The Fun Back in Funeral". So you can tell he is not up tight.

Comment

we have found out how badly uptight funeral directors suck after having been banned from 6 cemeteries this one guy owns in NOLA. and i have followed Zach's stories which are freaking crazy. i'm a car collector in general (we have 10 cars total and only 3 are hearses) and i don't ever want to see anythng rot away. the mindset of some people just baffles me... but i'm glad there are some cool funeral home folks around. we met a local guy at another cemetery shortly after we got banned from the six and i'm hoping to build a rapport with him for instances that the OP was talking about.

good luck to ya, SmoothNow

Comment

I really don't get how any FD's can be uptight anyway... I mean you have to have a certain amount of a sense of humor or the job will drive you insane.

Oh wait, yeah, religion. Most of the uptight ones I've met think that it's disrespecting the dead, and that seems to stem from a deep religious upbringing. I'm not saying that all religious people are like that obviously, but it certainly doesn't help.

That said I don't get how the black FDs are more easy going than the white ones, as generally they seem to be more superstitious than most.

But I've only had that one bad experience at that parade. Every other funeral director has gotten a kick out of it and wanted me to park it next to theirs if I'm visiting the home. Even got to tour the embalming room of one!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Guy View Post

I don't get how the black FDs are more easy going than the white ones, as generally they seem to be more superstitious than most.
          I think the reason is, most black people are superstitious and being a funeral director they can't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
            I think the reason is, most black people are superstitious and being a funeral director they can't be.
            Fighting against the stereotype, I like that. Unless you mean because they also have to deal with the families who are and keep a level head, which is a good reason as well.

Comment

Working...
            X