MY BARN FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY BARN FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple months ago my childhood dream came to me I finally got my Pro Car! Not just any Pro Car but a 61 Buick Flxible Flxette(Original). It had been sitting in the barn for approx 20-25yrs in southern Ontario when the owner asked if I would be interested in a classic as I love renewing classic cars! "Absolutly" I said, whatcha got? He replied in this grim voice like he didnt think i'd be intrested " A HEARSE", " a classic hearse? where the hell is it and when can i get it?" (without knowing a price or condition) my mind was made up!! We were going to look and he was telling me about it, not even half way there I decided to stop at the nearest bank and get him the money he was asking(never negotiated the price). Payed him at the bank and deverted to the car trailer! I almost crapped my pants when the doors came open and there she was waiting this whole time for me,"there you are my SWEETHEART" were the first word outta my mouth! Pulled it out of the barn(nothing siezed) loaded and to the shop we went! Friends flocked from all over that night to the shop to get in on the fun! We (7 of us) went to work on the fuel delivery system, compression tests, spinning oil pressure test, new plugs, carb kit, diaphram in the pump(love having classic stuff layin around). My god that thing sounds amazing, 6 of the happiest guy's giving me congrats! Complete and original, 445 wildcat 401ci nailhead, 2 speed turbine trans with 81000mls(runs and drives like it did in 61). Blew dust off exterior with air compressor, spent an hr on interior! Not one pigeon spot and all mice must have been scared of it! MINT INTERIOR!!
    Attached Files

Helluva' score!! Welcome from another Flxible owner!

Comment

That is absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Comment

Yeah, that's a hell of an interior. Very nice score. Not a common model either.

Comment

Wow. Yes that certainly is incredible. What a beauty. I have a 59 and a 62 Lesabre. I have a soft spot for Buicks and this one makes me a little jealous haha! Great find. Welcome to NHAA aswell!

Comment

Very kOoL find, congrats & welcome to the forum...

Comment

Congrats and welcome!

Comment

HOLY F$%K!! What you got thats incredible!!! SWEEEEEET!!

Comment

Welcome to the madness and ditto on the awsome aquisition.

With that, Can someone tell me what this thing is? I found one in my box-o-parts I got with my coach
                  this.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jus" Roach View Post
                    Welcome to the madness and ditto on the awsome aquisition.

With that, Can someone tell me what this thing is? I found one in my box-o-parts I got with my coach
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9881[/ATTACH]
                    A vacuum canister?

Comment

Yes, vacuum canister.

Comment

Yep thats what it is! What happened to my tomato paste can?????????

Comment

Dear, Sweet GOD!!! Absolutely amazing. You have my congratulations and envy.

Comment

Working...
                          X