Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1970 Cadillac Hearse - Anyone know what I bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970 Cadillac Hearse - Anyone know what I bought?

I'm assuming this is a MM, but which model? I've never seen one with the 3 windows on each side. The roof where the vinyl was is rotten. Anyone know where I can get a new one? It went to the paint shop today to get started. Not sure if I'll keep it in the same configuration inside or go all out and do a bench down the side with glass, new tv, etc. Anyone done one of these similar? Is that a 472 motor?

IMG_0198.jpgIMG_0199.jpgIMG_0200.jpgIMG_0197.jpgIMG_0189.jpgIMG_0192.jpgIMG_0191.jpgIMG_0195.jpg
    Last edited by lasmith03; 08-23-2011, 07:26 PM.

You bought a 1970 Miller-Meteor "Eterna" series coach. The Eterna was a limo-style coach, but had smaller rearmost windows than a traditional limo-style coach because of the partial landau roof styling. The chrome molding that goes up behind the glass used to wrap over the roof... known as a tiara. This let M-M make the coaches 2-tone, that rearmost roof section could be painted a different color. The Eterna in this video is a '74 but it's the same style as yours so you can see what it looks like... ummm... unmolested? Welcome to NHAA we're glad to have you aboard!

Last edited by hotroddwayne; 08-23-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Yes it's a 472, that engine replaced the 429 in 1968 and they used it through 1974. As for the roof, the vynl tops often held moisture so many of us have the same problems with rust

Comment

Working...
      X