Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

I need to get some sort of insurance before next month on my 79 Miller Meteor. I want to be driving it around during Halloween. It will not be my daily driver, but my just for kicks/special occasion ride.. like Halloween, Parades, Car Shows, Haunted Houses.. etc. So what are the options for the least expensive insurance.. its not really a show car either.. so I don't need anything elaborate.. just something to more or less be street legal.

Hagerty or another collector car isnurance

Comment

I have my other vehicles with Farm Bureau.. not sure if they have that or not.. may have to call and see.

Comment

I suggest grundy insurance, better than hagerty, and theyre pretty easy on the wallet.

Comment

I have both Grundy and Hagerty. Grundy is a bit cheaper , but they have way more restrictions. Hagerty gives you 8 miles of free towing , free collector magazines and a bunch of other cool stuff. A lot more relaxed on excepting new cars to. Grundy is really strict.... and dose not give you any extra stuff .

Comment

The reason I prefer grundy is that they dont have a limited mileage policy.

Comment

I was unaware that Hagerty had a limited mileage policy. What Were you told the limit was? I know that i have never been asked to verify my mileage when the policy renews. Interesting .?.?.?.?

Comment

Now that I am looking for it I do not see it. However, about a month ago I was looking at hagerty and saw a 10000 mile limit.

Comment

Just talk to your insurance agent and tell them what you have and need. Done companies still run the VIN number. Progressive does this. If it comes back as a commercial chassis, then they might insist on commercial insurance. Commercial insurance is about twice or thred times thd amount of standard insurance. They did that on my '82 cadillac hearse, (the vin came back as an unfinished cadillac commercial chassis) even though it was clearly not an in service vehicle. But Chrstine's '82 buick hearse came back as a buick lesbre 2 door coupe. So she stayed with progressive because she didn't have to have commercial insurance. I went with mercury insurance because tjey did not require it to be listed as a commercial vehicle. They just wanted pictures to prove it was not in service.

Comment

we have hagerty on our 3 hearses. no mileage limits. no 'commercial' mumbo-jumbo. car does have to be garage kept though.

our oldest is the 84, and we have it insured for 5K agreed value. i think it's $39 a year. we have hagerty on all our special cars. been with them since 2003 or 2004. they have been really good to us. good luck finding what fits your needs and budget!

Comment

Working...
                    X