• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a stumphing hearse

Came via FB. What is it..?

Would sure like to see other angles...

That is just amazing looking.

Comment

Looks like something European built with vintage American parts....
      Due to the osmosis from my brothers bus fetish, looks like alot of bus glass was used too...
      Post war GM pontoon front end, 58 Buick/Pontiac(?) side chrome, mopar fins and '56 Chevy tailight housings......use what cha' got!!

Comment

Def 56 chevy tails. As for the rest...jeez...I know one thing, id hate to have to find glass for it!!!

Comment

Good eye Clayton! I'm on fence about the '58 Buick/Pontiac quarter molding in a close-but-no-cigar manner. The rest reiterates initial thought of being a true one-off.

Location is New Zealand btw. Crazy kitschy cool.

Comment

New Zealand?......say no more......
            Yeah, the European hearses I've seen have huge glass areas, the glass port holes sure look like old post war city busses.
            I sure can't make out the dash board.

Comment

Now that's just wild...

Comment

My bus expert brother seems to think the back window may be from a Prevost bus, very slight curvature towards the top.....

Comment

I am going with a 42-47 Flxible Buick as the starting point. The extended door height from the fender to the window is indicitive of the 42-47 Flxible Buicks. The windows may be from Flxible bus also, just a guess though. I could not find a good picture of a 42-47 Buick dash to narrow it down anymore, maybe someone else will have better luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X