Purchasing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing advice

Hey there... I may have found a casket table for my 3-way hearse and it looks to be in really great shape. This comes with the support rollers/gliders that sit in the floor. What is a reasonable price to pay for something like this? I just don't want to get hosed.

Thanks in advance!

If you find a correct complete table for under a grand, you've done well. I've seen a couple trade hands over the years for $1500. Condition is everything. Also keep in mind that it weighs about 500 pounds for shipping purposes.

Comment

Thanks Atti! I appreciate the feedback. It is still in the car and the pics I have seen are just of the table- not of the entire car. Everything in the floor looks the same The interior finish looks a little different than mine and I have not actually confirmed the year of the coach. I am doing a little more research yet, but I think I am on the right path.

Good to know about the weight. It may be cheaper to take a road trip and get it than to have it shipped.

Comment

Fairly sure there were both manual and electric versions for your coach. I've sent an email off to an MM specific historian inquiring what year range those same tables were used in. Also have MM book here to peruse yet, although interiors are not pictured yearly, so tough to make out.
        Last edited by 60Crown; 10-21-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Thank you Atti!

It is always worth it to talk to the folks that know what the hell they are talking about. The one that I am looking at appears (in pictures) to be what I need for my coach, but until I hear back from the guy with the details, I am not positive. From what I can see so far, this is an electric table like what should be in mine.

From your experience, is there anything that I need to ask outside of builder, year, etc? The seller already knows what I have.

Comment

Turns out Miller Meteor tables virtually stayed the same through '76. Coverings changed and the subfloor operating mechanisms kept updating, but the tables themselves were the same basic design. So...if road tripping pull as much of the supporting stuff not seen possible. And photo document every step of removal for reference later.

Comment

Thanks for the information, Atti. I will most definately share what information I can from.

Comment

Hello Atti-

How would you suggest that I get this casket table shipped to me... Should I pay the extra $200 to have it professionally crated (not including shipping) or is there a cheaper method? I was wondering if it could be placed on a large pallet and wrapped securely. This would definately save me some money. Another option for me is to make the road trip (as earlier mentioned) which would cost me about $300 and a couple of days travel.

What are your thoughts? I would be getting the table, the rollers and a couple of other small parts needed for $500 total.

Comment

Go get it yourself. Doing so ensures that you won't miss any small needed components from the sub-floor. That's a wonderful price.

Strapping two pallets together end to end won't provide enough square footage and the table will overhang without being fully boxed. Even for freight, if left open/wrapped this way, it won't be stackable and pricing for shipping would be based larger based on the footprint taken.

Literally removed an extend table today and am about to start a how-to thread. Check it out for weights involved later.

Comment

Working...
                  X