Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '58 Eureka @ Hartung auction

Sold Saturday, Nov. 5:

Hammer dropped @ $6500; $7475 includes 15% buyers premium. After 9.75% sales tax this cost a whopping $8203! It is a 3-way missing table. There are 14 images on auction site.

Incredible. Really thought it would end up between $4k-$4.5k...

Even more surprising considering the state of this economy. WOW !!!!

Comment

That thing is in damned good shape, it's just filthy. Even the seat is in good shape!

Comment

Tonight 4/17, Chasing Classic Cars (Velocity @ 10PM) new episode commercial showcases a collection/3 day auction that has to be Lee Hartung collection from last year.

Considering the variety at that auction, it should be fun to watch, even in hindsight.

Comment

love that body

Comment

I'd not have guessed such a vehicle would command that kind of premium. I'm not even in the YSISUIM crowd.

Out of curiousity, are fin cars really worth that kind of money or does this one just have a peculiar provenance? I can understand the 59s but if I honestly thought my 58 would bring that kind of money I'd have to think long and hard on freeing up some shop space.

Comment

The particular '58 Eureka in question did not have any substantial background, no. Think about this too~ Overseas buyer! Damn near double that price by time shipping and import duty is added.

Rear spring perches were rotted out. Heard axle even broke loose upon moving after auction. Even with that sort of issue, I still stand by my assessment of $4000-4500 because it is a Eureka. My buddy Nick has more than that in his '58 Eureka Landau 3-way.

Landaus bring more than limo styles. Is $5k+ realistic for yours? Yes. $6k? Possible. The market will bear the same figures for '57 Eureka in like condition too. Eurekas are among the rarest and their devout followers are constantly looking to turn up other examples.

I'm currently sitting on a '59 Eureka lead that has been tucked away for probably 40 years inside, not known to the '59-'60 Eureka registry. Pics in hand and playing the waiting game until October, the next time someone will be there to 'deal'. Limo style, all original, no rust, glass good...and I fully expect it to be $12k+.

Last original '59 Eureka Landau needing full restoration traded hands privately for $15k close to 3 years ago. I propose that same coach currently would bring $25k as I know someone actively looking in that price range and can't shake any loose!

There is a '60 Eureka limo style in BC available for $12.5k now as well. Least I think it hasn't sold.

Comment

I recognize that car. He got in touch with me a while back to say hello. Seems like a pretty cool cat.

Well that's interesting stuff and explains why I periodically catch a PM or email out of the blue asking about buying my car. Thank you for the perspective. As it is, unless I lose the garage in the divorce or otherwise become destitute I still aim to build mine towards station wagon duties as soon as I get the pink turd out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                X