Limo divider glass question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limo divider glass question

I have a crack, in the lower corner of the divider glass in My '75 Fleetwood limo, Are these reproduced, if so where,and how much would one be? Just looking ahead if I ever need to replace it

It's just flat glass, right? You should be able to take a measurement and have a piece cut.

Comment

I believe it is a flat , it's the original to the car

Comment

That glass is easily reproduced...look for a black or green stamp in the bottom right hand corner "looking through from backseat to front of car" to see if it is tempered or not. Most were not but some were. Depending on whether your worried about originality,reproduction pieces are cheap...even if it IS tempered, being flat. Finding an exact duplicate of course would be much harder.

Comment

If it is tempered, it is not cracked...it is shattered. It is laminated glass. (or maybe plastic?)

Comment

It is laminated glass, the same make of glass as the rest in the car. I did find a place on the web, and I about fainted at the prices, $1,000 for new, and up to $600 for a used one, IF any could be found. The guy said even a new one could be hard to find. So I best be careful with what I have

Comment

Flat glass is easily cut to an original pattern. I have new glass cut for the doors in both of my 63 Hearses. Just take it to a glass shop.

Comment

Right now My glass is ok, I was just curious about what I would do if someting happened to it

Comment

Working...
                X