Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmoothNlow... relocated

Another fine coach has changed hands...

NHAA member "SmoothNlow" had his collection of Precision Miniatures diecast posted here for sale. In a later post he mentioned "real hearse may be for sale too" so I had to follow up on this. That hearse is just BAD! Turns out it isn't for sale, I bought it.
    Paul is a brutally honest guy, you couldn't ask for a nicer guy to talk to about old hearses. We cooresponded for a while, agreed on a price, and I bought it sight-unseen given the distance between us. This whole deal came together so fast we were both amazed. Long story short... payment was received wednesday for the coach. That very night my shipper had an opening to haul it, so he headed for Virginia thursday and the hearse arrived here in northern Ohio friday @ 1pm.
    Thank you so much Paul for the opportunity to own a true "old school" hotrod hearse! I gained an awesome coach in the stable AND a friend in the process. He has an eye for the right look, stance, and as you all know from his posts he has the procar passion. He's promised he won't go away from our forums & will build another coach. I'm excited to own this one, here's a shot of "Mable" as he named her... upon arrival.

Nice!

Comment

Hows she treating ya Dwayne?

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
        Hows she treating ya Dwayne?
        Too cold to cruise until spring Paul! Over the winter i'm going to pull the heads and get the broken exhaust bolts drilled out. Install all new gaskets & bolts (all these Caddy's are notorious for broken bolts & blown gaskets) thankfully the manifolds aren't cracked. The exhaust shop just finished my '67 Cadillac duals and are going to do the hearse next after I get it ready for them.

She's an awesome coach. I like it more every time I look it over. Freshen her up under the hood, install a fuel cell, and change the outward appearance a little this winter. I've already been coached on how to save the crinkle top so the roof will look like new (will do a before & after post on this) and straighten the rocker trim for re-install. I think i'm going to put 2 of the wide whites on my Torque-Thrusts and get 2 more in a taller size for the back, should be a neat look with Torque-Thrusts & wide whites. YES she's staying SMOOTH & LOW not going to raise it back up, I love the stance. Considering a set of "freeway skirts" if I can find them, a set of those will make it look even lower.

Some new curtains & a few mods & it's ready for the streets of Ohio! You won't be disappointed...

Comment

Working...
        X