"Silent Siren"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Silent Siren"

Okay, so i've seen these Silent Sirens in pictures for years and only 3 - 4 in person. Usually they have condition issues considering their age (1930's) but anyway... this beauty turned up on Ebay and it's owner signed up here on NHAA and posted a head's up she'd just posted in on Ebay. That night R U INJRD texted to ask if i'd seen it for sale. Couldn't get this thing outa my mind afterwards, so pulled out the Droid and clicked the "buy it now" button within mere seconds after knowing the price vs. it's real value!
    So this large box shows up the next day at home, this is what was in it. It is absolutely MINT with no condition issues at all.
    Before I die I WILL have a carved-panel hearse... and this baby will be on the front bumper...

that thing looks immense

Comment

That thing is BAD ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That is AWESOME!!!
        I have the ones that cover the headlights and spent years waiting for a set for a decent price.

Comment

Can't believe there were actually multiple bidders where nobody grabbed the Buy It Now earlier. Anyone who bid on that auction trying to get it cheaper is a well-rounded idiot. And Dwayne thanks you.
          Last edited by 60Crown; 01-19-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

As soon as I saw it I shot Dwayne a message, because I knew he would snatch it up if it was still available. I think it's neat, but wasn't interested in buying it just to have it hanging around getting dusty. I'm sure Dwayne will have the appropriate car sooner or later, and yeah, if you couldn't put up the money for the buy it now you're just playing around and don't really want one of these. Value's only going to keep going up, he really couldn't do any wrong.

Comment

Dwayne owes you a six pack!

[and not the sort that gyrates on a pole]

Comment

Yeah Atti it was 3 bidders going back & forth, upping eachother's bids by a few bucks. The auction was up for a little over 8 hours... still can't believe it was still available. I've corresponded with the seller & her father has invited me to tour his funeral home in southeastern Ohio. The light was bought for her grandfather's 1935 S&S hearse and when the coach was sold her dad kept the light as a momento of former times and kept it all these years. Thanks a MILLION Todd for the head's up on the auction... this light is truly badass!

Comment

That is cool.

Comment

Very kOoL...

Comment

Working...
                    X