Pro Car Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Car Books

I know that most of Thomas A. McPherson's and Walt McCall's professional car books are out of print. Particularly the superior, eureka and M-M history books. I also know that these were limited run books with little hope of any reprints as the cost of publishing these books are quite expensive. But I have often wondered if either of these gentlemen have considered releasing these volumes in an electronic format such as Kindle, ibooks or even just an adobe .pdf. I figure that these books are already in an electronic format for printing so I would think the cost on thier end would be small. And I also figure that there would be a market for those that would like to have and read these books without spending the $400 - $500 it costs to buy a used copy which neither of these authors would see a penny from anyway.

Has anybody else thought about this? Or am I the only one? Might be cool to see what kind of interest there actually is. And if there is an interest, it might be cool to try to contact these guys and see what they think.

What do you guys think?

Just contact Walt McCall privately, or through someone (most likely in the PCS) that knows him. There are still unsold books held back - little known fact. Expect Eureka and Flxible to run $80-90 apiece and Superior in the $100-120 range. Miller Meteor is still readily available.

After lending my Superior book out a few years ago and never having it returned, I was forced to acquire a second. Same thing with the black book - which I bought new in '84. That sentimentally SUCKED!

Comment

I'm friends with both Tom and Walt, they do occasionally have books with them to sell at meets or when we meet up. There's probably huge amounts of legal mumbo-jumbo involved in releasing books in electronic format when dealing with the publisher (that's unavoidable)... but will ask them if they ever considered this.
      Through the years i've collected the black book, Superior, M-M, Eureka, Flxible, Henney, American fire engines, Flxible buses, and the Carved Panel books mostly through Tom & Walt directly but some were Ebay/Amazon/swap meet scores. Like Atti said they can be pricey, and if you can score a black book or Superior book for $120 you're way ahead of the game, they command big bucks since all are out of print.

Sadly, from what i've heard and read, the books will never go into reprint.

Comment

I want/need the Superior, Eureka, and Flxible books. I bought the black book off ebay for $10 buy it now. Super Score! I already had a copy, so I gave it to my friend. I paid under $100 for my copy, but that was years ago.

Comment

I bought Mcpherson Fxlible Book on amazon last week waiting on it to get here, I think i saw superior and M-M books there too. check it out. i paid 100.00 for mine but there was another that had a 550.00 price on it ,couldn't ever have paid that

Comment

Working...
          X