Pro-car jacks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-car jacks...

Anyone have a picture of the original jack that came with their coach? I believe I saw one for sale on Ebay a few years ago, it was a large scissor style. I'm hunting Ebay and Craigslist for an original for my '58 Superior... but any year / builder would be welcome!

I have the original jacks that came with all three of my '57 Superiors. They are a large bumper jack. I'll send you some pics when I can take a few for ya.

Comment

Thanks Apostle! I'd appreciate that!

Comment

My 67 MM has a large scissor jack, still need to see if it works or not! I dont think I would trust a bumper jack.

Comment

The large scissor jack is what I think I'd like to have as well. Carrying around my old 3 ton floor jack is a bit unwieldy!

Comment

I found a picture of the box here:

Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.

But still no pics of the stock scissor jack!

Comment

I think i have 2, i had the box but i threw it out. I will try to post a pic tomorrow night or so. I know i have at least one. If i have 2 i will sell ya one . e-mail me if you like koiman78@yahoo.com actually i wouldn't be surprised if i have 4 altogether somewhere. I remember keeping them from all the cars i have had. Well its late and i am rambling. Ahhh... just remind me.

Comment

my 75 had a bumper jack ive still got it

Comment

Got any pics?

Comment

This came with the 72. Period correct, I don't know. The handle prys the off the hubcap and the socket end fits the jack and the lugs. Works quite well, I use it all the time. The wheel chock is also origional Cadillac. The factory One's I've seen, I think 4, are all 2 pieces glued together My shop manuals don't show any jacks that I could find. Maybe Someone with an owners manual might show how to change a tire and what jack is used..100_0315.jpg

Comment

yup,that's the correct jack. Came with all of them up till at least 79. Came with the 75 series limos also.

Comment

Thanks for the pic! That's similar to the one I remember seeing. Great idea about the owner's manual! Does anyone have original Pro-Car jacking instructions?

Comment

I have two of those heavy duty scissor jacks. They are slow to use, heavy as fuck and an all around miserable experience but hell if they aren't the best for being compact and those things will never EVER fail!

Comment

Mine failed...Lord knows why I still keep it in the coach...

Comment

I'm going to pick up a stock coach jack from MR. X when I get a bit of pocket cash. I'm thinking a scissor jack will take up a whole lot less room than my 3 ton floor jack!

Comment

Working...
                              X