NY field trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY field trip

In late February I made multiple stops in upstate NY. Bought a lot of coach parts. Return trip is next Thursday and Friday, May 16-17. There are already a handful of people joining me on this excursion. Anyone wanting to head to Rochester-Syracuse area is welcome to tag along one or both days. Email (PMs always hover near full and may not go through) for details.

This place stopped taking cars in 1973 and has long since fallen off radar. Large property. It is a virtual parts cornucopia not juts for procar stuff but other rarer cars that simply don't exist any more in even older junkyards (early '50s Buick convertible, multiple '49-'51 Mercury 2D coupes, '59s Chevys out wazoo, '60 Impala 2D HT, etc). Even after walking it for two snowy/slushy/rainy/muddy days there are more procars I missed, one of which should be a '40s Buick ambulance. Here is a sample.

'59 Superior Pontiac ambulance.

'62 Superior Royale ambulance.

'39 Meteor Cadillac endloader.

'3? formal limo, haven't figured exactly what yet.

'56 Superior limo style combination.

'47 Superior Pontiac ambulance.

'62 National Oldsmobile ambulance.

Conversely if you're not up for trip but see something you can use, speak up. I may already have pulled it or can otherwise accommodate.

More random goodness from that same trip, none of which is scheduled for revisiting anytime soon.

Comment

You had my interest, now you have my attention with that last picture.

Looks like there are quite a few in there that people would give a left nut to try and save.

Comment

If everyone here threw $$$ in together - they still couldn't afford that '59 Eureka flower car.

Comment

Are any of them for sale?

Comment

Sweet Jesus! The graveyard of the dinosaurs!

Comment

Hi, do you know if any of the cars you had seen in upstate NY are salvageable? Is there an actual Broadmoor skyview? I would appreciate if you can help me get intouch with the owner of this car.

Comment

Welcome to the NHAA. Fill in your location and consider making an intro post about yourself.

Nothing in upstate NY is restorable. They are parts coaches. For the amount it would take just fixing heavy rust better examples can be found.

Yes, that is "an actual Broadmoor Skyview". Why the need to contact owner?

Comment

Working...
                X