Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Photos

Hello, everyone.
    I am working on a hearse page on a blog site. It is mainly just a gallery of hearses (mostly pre-1973) and the like.

There are a ton of NHAA member's photos I'd love to add, but I don't like doing so without permission.
    Rather than asking individually, I thought this would be the easiest way.
    All images will be tagged, credited and sourced and I will gladly link your site too, if you have one.

If you have some content to share, or don't mind me creeping through your car albums for some, please let me know!

Thanks.

Just let me know witch ones and how you are planning to represent them and you can use mine.

Comment

Likewise, relay which of mine you're interested in and I'll watermark them for you.

Curious about your arbitrary year cut off as '71-'73 is same body style.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

I think that after around '73 they started looking more boxy for the most part.
        Mid to late '60's will always be my favorite, personally.

Comment

'74 did get more boxy. You stated pre-'73 which is why I asked. For that matter, '76 was last of full size so if whatever you're working on is everything up to '73 why skip last 3 years?

Comment

My apologies, my years are off then. I also thought it was '78 for the last year for full size, that's good to know, thank you.
            They just seemed to get boxier and boxier after that and a little less appealing to me.
            Last edited by CoffinWorm; 08-20-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffinWorm View Post
              My apologies, my years are off then. I also thought it was '78 for the last year for full size, that's good to know, thank you.
              They just seemed to get boxier and boxier after that and a little less appealing to me.
              Actually, there should be something said for the Coaches built on a procar chassis, the last of which were built in 1984. Superior had side loaders until 84, when Cadillac stopped supplying the chassis. The pro car chassis production halted in 1984 due to the demise of the passenger based ambulance (the last I believe were built in 1980) due to the difficulty of meeting federal ambulance guidelines on the shorter pro-car chassis which came out in 1977. There is something to be said for even the 1977-1984 procars, if they were built on a procar chassis, and not a stretched out sedan.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto Baron View Post
                (snip) the demise of the passenger based ambulance (the last I believe were built in 1980)
                '79 in fact. Ex-Dr. Roger White's rig was ordered as-new to be an unused collector vehicle. It is widely accepted as the very last car base ambulance made and happened to be a '79 Superior. The second last Superior ambulance made is in PA. NHAA member Neonwerks and I recently inspected it.

Only Miller Meteor and Superior made downsized ambulances from '77-'79.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                  '79 in fact. Ex-Dr. Roger White's rig was ordered as-new to be an unused collector vehicle. It is widely accepted as the very last car base ambulance made and happened to be a '79 Superior. The second last Superior ambulance made is in PA. NHAA member Neonwerks and I recently inspected it.

Only Miller Meteor and Superior made downsized ambulances from '77-'79.
                  That's why I said, I think 80, as I wasn't sure.

Comment

You are welcome to the ones I have on here.......don't have many of Elvira, but she would like the attention....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elvirathehearse View Post
                      You are welcome to the ones I have on here.......don't have many of Elvira, but she would like the attention....lol
                      Thanks, will do!
                      Very much appreciated.

Comment

Do you have a link to said blog?

Comment

Working...
                        X