Correctly identify my 1975 model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correctly identify my 1975 model

So I am having trouble finding out what body panels I will need and what model of standard Cadillac I could use to get parts from. I wanted to consult the collective consciousness of the forum to get a answer.

Thank you.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

The only body parts that are Cadillac are the front end parts, (front fenders, hood, and front bumper) . Everything past the dash is coach build. The windshield is a commercial chassis windshield. It's larger than a standard Cadillac windshield.

This is what your hearse looked like when it left the Cadillac factory.

1972+Cadillac+Commercial+Chassis+f.JPG

Comment

I kinda figured that would be the case. The inner fenders are pretty badly rusted along with the fenders as you can see in the pictures.
      I see the OPGI catalog in front of me and I see fender patch panels for some and excluding others. I would just like to replace the whole thing in one shot.

Comment

*Please* put landau irons back on correct sides if you're going to start working on making improvements. You can't make a bigger one than that!

Comment

1975 S&S Victoria. The "Victoria" is what the model name for those S&S coaches with landau Bars. Good starting point for a restoration. The Landau bars definitely need to be put back correctly.

Comment

Well thanks to a seller on Ebay I found the original brochure for the hearse. It is a 1975 Cadillac S&S Prestige

Comment

As Otto mentioned, it's an S&S Victoria - even your fender badge states as such. Prestige may have factored in as a trim level. Can you scan brochure?

Comment

Here is the ebay auction

The Interior pictured is the same layout and style even down to the upholstery and plaques.

Comment

Good looking brochure. Click on individual images until they're full size. Model names are displayed along with each.

Black over green coach is a Park Hill. Tan coach is a Park Row. Black coach is a Victoria.

S&S prided itself on being a cut above the rest for discriminating FDs that wanted the very best & highest quality available. Prestige was part of their advertising.

Have you flipped those landau irons yet..?

Comment

Ok I get what you are saying. It is my baby and I am trying to get it back into driving shape.

Comment

Landau irons in the correct orientation will help it drive better.

Comment

Yeah I've heard that if I put new windshield wipers on it I can get a few more hp out of it.

Comment

Seeing past humor attempts I hope that your landau irons have been properly placed by now after numerous direct hints!

Comment

I will takes care of the correct orientation of the bars once I take care of the severe rust that was under old dried out and spitting vinyl top.

Comment

Originally posted by lastryde View Post
                              I will takes care of the correct orientation of the bars once I take care of the severe rust that was under old dried out and spitting vinyl top.

Use a utility knife and cut along the edges of the top to get the old off. Once you do that, you can use a can of rubber coat spray to seal the metal after it has been cleared of rust. Simple, Cheap and looks ok until you can get a rag back on her.

Comment

Working...
                              X