Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new ride!!

Hello all,
    I scored a cool 64 Superior Caddy from one of the Coffin Cruisers in Portland recently and went on a 1200 mile winter odyssey across Washington and BC and into Alberta...I hope to bring my new ride to Hearse'Con '08 in Denver this year as part of the Canadian contingent...
    Still struggling to post pics of the trip here...Damn photobucket!!!!

Explanations...

1st pic- In Vancouver
    2nd pic- In blizzard in Hope BC
    3rd pic-Crossing the BC/Albereta border to home
    4th and 5th- Washed and waiting for the out-of-province inspection...

Comment

That is a sweet looking hearse.

Comment

Very, very nice I love it !!

Comment

That is one sweet ride! I have always been a big fan of those hot ass 64's, they just have a certain look to them. It's nice to see people taking their hearses out and actually driving them, especially on big road trips!

Shoot me an email and I will send you some Hearsecon stuff! incode64@yahoo.com

Comment

Beuatiful coach and great pictures....I think the one may end up being my desktop background

Comment

Sweet ride! Looks like ya' had a fun trip!

Comment

that is one sweet f***'n ride , I think I am turning Green !!!!

Comment

Geez, thanks for all the nice comments; I can't wait for our snow to be gone (we have LOTS) to go cruising. Our winters are pretty nasty up here (the last 4 hours of my journey were in -30C temperatures; I kept warm by shivering!) and I don't want some bonehead in an SUV sliding into it...
                  I had looked at getting it shipped but no-one wanted to touch it for a decent price; everything was good until I said "Hearse". Plus the whole border crossing thing; I wouldn't have been able to keep the box and would have had to pay someone to broker it.
                  Crossing the border while driving it was surprisingly easy; I expectd to be hauled into an inspection bay and see my car get torn apart. As it was, I went in, paid my taxes on it, got my forms and left. One of the border guards said "We're gonna have to look in that casket" and everyone laughed...and then I walked out! I kept looking behind me waiting for someone to come out and inspect the car; I got in and started it and slowly pulled away. I drove around the corner and suddenly I was in BC!! Weird...
                  I suspect that having said all this that I'll get nailed coming across the border to Hearse-Con. Two hearses driven by long-hairs should spark the interest of the border guards.

Comment

nizzeee!!! ride!

Comment

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

Comment

Awesome and I think I would have been crapping my pants driving her in a blizzard................................. two thumbs up

Comment

Actually she handled quite well in the snow, nothing like a REALLY heavy REALLY long rear wheeled drive car to handle nasty weather. The casket in back is heavy too so I had good weight on the back wheels.
                          There wasn't much traffic 'cause of the weather which was nice. I knew that I had to get out of Vancouver during the blizzard 'cause it gets crazy there when it snows. Last thing that I wanted was to have someone who wasn't used to snow to slide into the side of it! I knew that the further east I got the closer to home I was and had pre-arranged several spots where I could stop if I had problems. I have had lots of experience at coaxing old vehicles long distances and she was running well.
                          I also had seen a beautiful 1960 hearse that someone here had trucked up from the States. It made it all the way here and then they dropped of off the truck and crunched the front end. I figured if the car was going to be put at risk in moving it 1200 miles that I wanted to be the one at the wheel! Then I would have no-one but myself to be pissed off at if something happened.
                          But we made'er!!!

Comment

The last time I crossed the border to Canada I was in a Geo Metro so luckily I didn't get hassled. What is strange to me are the places I go without any problems at all myself, like the international airport, you'd think they'd want to take a second look at the car with three big ass guns closing in on them, but nooooo!

Incidentally, if I am telling you something that you already know or is really obvious, my bad, but I have noticed especially with the 60's Cadillacs if you cover the majority of the Radiator with cardboard on the side facing the road and make sure you have the hottest running thermostat even the coldest weather won't let that engine and heater stay cold for too long!

Comment

Working...
                            X