Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Restored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Restored.

Here are some picture I took of the Ghostbusters Ecto-1. It was recently restored by CVS in LA.. and will be making rounds on the show circuit after June.

This is the real car used in the movies.

Sorry if this is a double post.. I searched.

277 pictures at above link.

More info here: http://www.gbfans.com/community/view...hp?t=5369&f=54

i would kill multiple people to have that in MY garage.

Comment

they sure did cram a lot of vintage electronics into that thing

Comment

I spent a whole day with this car a few weeks ago and I have to say they modified it a good amount from it's original condition. It's almost a replica. They still did an awesome job though, it was absolutely AMAZING to see this thing in person.

Coolest part for me, other than having taken just about 200 measurements from it :-D, was hearing the cool ass sound the fwd strobe powering supply unit makes...COOL sound, reminiscent(sp?) of the "out of plutonium" sound on Back To The Future!!

Comment

i'd like to know what functions all those gadgets are supposed to perform

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
            i'd like to know what functions all those gadgets are supposed to perform

ghost catchin...DUH!

Comment

its equipped with a portable ectoplasmic containment system :P

Comment

"Light is green, trap is clean"

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                  they sure did cram a lot of vintage electronics into that thing
                  Actually.. they were hardly vintage when put in the car 25 years ago.

Comment

"YOU CANT PARK THAT HERE!"

Comment

My Buddy bought the Original 390 that was in it from cvs....they put a small block chevy in it...whomp whomp

Comment

Nice job! Excellent attention to detail. Movie cars are always interesting, I help move a collection that resides here in this city from time to time. One of the "real" Ectos is here and have had the pleasure of driving it. They really hate cornering at any speed other than sloooowwww. Lol I would fear any of the quick maneuvers that Ecto went through in the movies.

Comment

I just found the 68 Superior Hearse used in the James Bond movie; Diamonds are forever. A friend has it sitting at her house.

Comment

Nice.. Is it all messed up? How did she get it?

Comment

Have not seen pics, but it belonged to her now passed father. It was a family thing with the hearse, so she is keeping it.

Comment

Working...
                              X