Here is my 62 M&M caddy hearse Resto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my 62 M&M caddy hearse Resto.

Here are some pics of my 62 caddy Hearse mid resto. Hope you like. I have only had it for 6 months and it has come a long way.
    Attached Files

Looks pretty damn sweet!

Comment

AWESOME work dude! How many pics of the process do you have? I've gotta do the floors on both of my 61's and I need inspiration

Comment

Its looking pretty sweet man!! wanna do mine next? LOL

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Wow !! really nice. Great job. AND Love the wheels.

Comment

More pics

Hi there: I have more pics of the floor pans being replaced. It was a big job but well worth it in the end. I love working with metal. Welding sheet metal is easy for me too without burning threw. Here are the pics as I went. I placed the new pans on the floor to see where they lined up then scribed it then went at it with a 4 in. angle grinder with a sheet metal cutting blade. Then cleaned up all the surface rust from the body supports and welded in the new pans then made some front floor peices that curved up the firewall. I also had to make some side peices to cover the holes on the sides of the floor pans. then I sealed the welds top and bottom with paintable seam sealer then primed it then painted it with Chassis Black frame paint. I also painted the whole bottom of the car with the chassis black after i cleaned all the undercoating off with a 4000 psi pressure washer with 305 deg. of heat. Super Steam cleaner. It made the bottom of the car look like brand new clean matal. I washed the bottom of the car for over 4 hours. No dirt or grease anywhere... Now for all the parts of the car you can see.... Bondo, sand ,sand ,sand ,sand, sand and on and on and on... I am lucky that this car is straight and never had any bodywork done before other than the 2 paint jobs over the orignal black color. I stripped the body bare with 36 grit sand paper took many days to do and had a huge pile of paint to "Shovel" up. Well here are the pics. All done at home remember.....
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 59megawagon; 09-02-2008, 02:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Even more pics

Here are some more pics of the resto.
                Attached Files

Comment

My 59 ford ranchwagon with a 460 twin turbo

Here are some pics of my first resto rod. It is a 59 ford ranchwagon with a 460, twin turbo, fuel injected, intercooled motor. I did it all at home except for chroming the bumpers and building the tranny. It is on tranny #6 it makes 800hp and 1200 ft. lbs of torque. No one can seem to make a C6 that can hold tons of torque. They all say than can hold 1500hp but not torque???????I am not too happy with tranny guys.... It will blow off the 20in. wide M/T sportsmans at a 60mph roll. It is such a blast to drive.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks pretty friggin' good to me... Keep the pics coming as the project progresses!

Comment

Pics????

You have any pics of your cars????

Comment

61 Superior Limo style with Suicide doors. Needs back glass, windshield, front floor pans and pretty much everything else. Still a solid car though.

My 61 M+M endloader with Xtend table. One of approximately 20 made, only one I have seen still in existence. This one needs a front floor pan on the drivers' side and a little body work overall, then back to black once I can afford it

My 81 S&S, aptly named Renfield, is presently sitting in my driveway waiting patiently for a transmission...

Comment

Sweet rides!!

Comment

Working...
                          X