No announcement yet.

My 1951 Superior... you're gonna LOVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1951 Superior... you're gonna LOVE!

Well everyone, i've bugged all of you for years on different sites & finally bought a hearse! Well... it's a combination that's always been used as an ambulance only. It's a 1951 Cadillac Superior combination, been stored indoors for over 30 years, the body is VERY nice, still has the hospital gurney & nurse's seat in the back. Has the 331 V-8 with a 3 speed manual transmission & NOTHING is missing from the car. It's in my garage now here in Ohio. It barely fit on the biggest rollback within 3 counties! It may be FOR SALE soon, as it's not really what I was looking for. I know this car is the creme dala creme for hearse collectors... there are just NONE left in this condition. If you're interested in it i'm open to offers...
    Attached Files

PIMP!

Need more pics!

Comment

You all just let me know what specific & detailed photos you want to see & i'll pull it out of the shop & take some more pics!

Comment

OK here are some pics I just took. I rubbed out the driver's side rear quarter panel paint last night... so give me some time & the paint will be all cleaned up & shiney soon! I know the paint is a lost cause, but what's left does shine up. As you can see the rear interior is old but completely intact & not torn up at all. All the glass is perfect except the driver's side rear door glass, it's cracked but is flat glass & easy to have made. Both rear doors' glass roll down. All the blind covers are there, but the pull-down blinds are missing. It has rear heat. Back doors lock from the driver's area with roll-type claw latches (original). Tail light hinges up for access to gas filler neck (original). The body is 100% solid with no rot, but the front floors need some patch panels. Divider glass slides open 2 ways. Every time I look at it I find more items not noticed before. Let me know what you think... it appears this car has sparked alot of interest? -Dwayne
        Attached Files

Comment

A few close-ups of the Superior coachworks emblems, hood ornament, & side view.
          Attached Files

Comment

How much you looking to get for it? Trades considered?

Comment

Yes i'd consider a possible trade. What do you have? As for a price... i'm not setting one, as I'd like to do some upgrades underneath to make it safe & dependable without changing it's outward appearance (disc brakes up front, dual master cylinder, 350 Chevy/350 turbo transmission, power steering & brakes, 12 volt upgrade & all new wiring) & cruise in it. But truthfully I wanted a much newer one (1978 - 1986 caddy landeau end loader) and i'd known of this 1951 coach for years but the guy wouldn't come off of it until he saw my 1969 Impala Kingswood wagon hotrod! YES I will sell it, and NO i'm not looking to retire on the sale price, but YES i know what i have. I have searched 4 states for years for the right coach & been disappointed every time I went to look & learned alot in the process on what to look for. I see your squad has Ohio tags, you ought to come to Bucyrus & check this '51 out, I promise you won't be disappointed! I'm open to offers & if the price is right i'll sell it. There are affordable car carriers that can deliver it nationwide... and please don't anyone out there think this thing is going to fit on a standard car trailer!

Comment

Funny, I used to have a 69 Kingswood wagon. It was the first car I ever bought myself. I drove to college in it for a couple years, then sold it when the radiator got punctured.

Comment

Here's a pic of the '69 wagon, she's missed! The 1964 Mercury Monterey is my weekend cruiser & has been for about 3 years.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's a good looking wagon. 69's were kind of a bastard year, you don't see many 69 Chevy big cars anywhere. Plenty of 68's and 70's, but not 69's. They had that big front hoop bumper that weighs like 200 pounds.

You goin' to Goodguys in Norwalk this weekend?

Comment

Yes, I'll be in Norwalk Friday morning bright & early! Are you going & what are you taking? Staying @ Motel 6 in Medina & coming home saturday night. I'll look you up if you're going to be there. I'll be in the white '64 Mercury, been working on it all day today for the show. She's all ready to go! If I don't hear from you i'll look for your squad OK? Hope to meet you there... don't know any locals yet with procars! Dude you have to come over sometime to see my coach... I want to show it off to someone like you who can appreciate it!

Comment

I sent you an email, I'll probably be there Saturday but not with the ambulance. I'll either take my 72 Chevy truck or just drive my daily driver.

Comment

nice hearse you got there! beeeuuutttiiifffuuuullll!!!!1

Comment

Working...
                          X