1966 Pontiac ambulance conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Pontiac ambulance conversion

I just got this car. I traded one of my 60 buick 4 doors and a rough mustang for it. Its a very nice rust free car that has new seats glass and a fresh 389 4 bbl Pontiac motor in it (i do have tri power set up from a 66 goat am thinking about using). The car is cream colored and gold. It is a 9 passenger wagon so all the seats lay forward leaving plenty of room for a gurney. I am thinking a respray in factory colors a federal 17 becon, fender mounted siren, some ambulance artglass, a cot bar and gurney would make this an interesting vehicle. I have seen pictures of station wagon convertions but not a 66 Catalina.

Any comments or ideas?

Cool! Definately needs a repaint, but other than that, it looks good.

Comment

nice wagon, hopefully you'll get it the way you want it.

Comment

I never really cared about the Pontiac Wagons much till Last year. I was in Maryland and we were shooting Super Tromette Action Movie Go. Well the main car used in the movie was a red Pontiac Wagon just a year or two off yours.

They had bought it off of e-bay from the widow of the original owner for $1,000.

After shooting the last scene with the car we were caravaning back to the main set and while on the interstate the damned thing threw a rod. While on the side of the road a wrecker came up and the driver asked if we needed help.

They told him if he'd take the car then and there, he could HAVE it!!!!!!!

We got footage of it being towed off to who knows where, and even added a scene so we could use the footage in the film.

So since then I've wanted to get one and make a replica of that car (or better yet, get THAT car)

Maybe I cursed it with my sexyness....I dunno.

Comment

I think your right about cursing it, seeing a grown man bent over the hood of a car with his pants half down sucking on his finger is some sexy shit. Makes me wonder where that finger was at before it was in your mouth.

Comment

Oh I think you can guess my friend....

Comment

Nice wagon, it would look even nicer sitting beside my 68 Pontiac. So just drive it on over to Charleston.
              Seriously, I have been wanting to make a hot rod lately, but being who I am a regular hot rod would not fit my personality. I have always had the idea in the back of my head to make a hot rod wagon. Plus I bleed Pontiac blue. That car would make a sweet ride wether it was stock, hopped up or an ambulance.
              Should you grow tired of it, say in the next oh .... 2 ...or 3 ..........DAYS, let me know. I don't have any 60 Buicks, but maybe we can work out something. And it will actually fit in my garage with room to spare.

BTW Chace, your "Dream Wagon" looks to be a 64 Catalina. This a Bonneville of the same year.

Comment

Working...
              X