'58 M+M Futura limo 3-way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '58 M+M Futura limo 3-way

Here is another bad-ass coach that I ferreted recently. And before you ask - I do not know if this is for sale yet. The owner is thinking it over. Not totally stock as the drivetrain, brakes, and wheels were donated from a '96 Suburban.

Guess it could be put back to stock for a purist but frankly I like the updated engine and brakes for a daily driver. (Those ugly wheels must go though!!!) Effin' all original paint and rust free to boot. Gawd I love patina.

I don't know the rarity or estimated value. It seems that although most coach builders offered limousine styles with a 3-way option, few were built and fewer still survive. Any feedback is welcome.

Wow, beautiful!

I have no idea what such a coach would be worth, but showing up with cash in this economy can bring an asking price down fast.

I would be really interested to know what that engine and drivetrain feel like on the road.

Comment

If only she was a landau.

Comment

3-way 58

my first car was a 1958 S@S limousine style 3way with a electric table.
        i bought it in 1968 till some lady ran into my right side rear door.. the only unrepeatable body part. i got it for $50. from thre parents of there son who go it for party. it had 13000 miles when it was scraped

Comment

Damn that sucks!

I bet that is one of those 'one that got away' type memories

Comment

How does one put suburban brakes on an old coach?

Comment

I had a 58 Futura Duplex Combo with flip over panels. It was factory Blue and white and ran as an ambulance, but it was not a three way and needed a heap of work. All the side trim is there which is a big deal. The one you found and mine are the only two I have seen with all of the trim intact. The drivetrain kills it for me. I don't mind late model stuff but not in a car that nice. If late model is a must, put a Cadillac in a Cadillac. Nothing makes me gag more than popping the hood on a rarity like that and it having the most plain common and cheap powerplant you can get the small block chevy. Get it and drop a Northstar in the fender wells.

Comment

all of dad's trim is intact.......we have every piece.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeanr View Post
                  all of dad's trim is intact.......we have every piece.

its good to know that you still have all your dads trim with all the pieces intact

Comment

I agree with you Richard - Chevy 350 is about the most prolific motor in the history of civilized man. You can buy cylinder heads at QT:

"yeah, let me get a pack of camel wides, and a set of 808 heads for a small block chevy"

Shit bugs the hell out of me, some nice looking ride and some heap of junk 350 in it.

Comment

This coach is in rural Mexico - the place where parts to fix a Cadillac 365 (or any '50s motor for that matter) are made of unobtanium to the web illiterate. The swap was done out of necessity for usage. Perhaps assumptions were made otherwise between need and desire.

Try viewing it as a means that saved this bitchin' rust free rarely seen coach from heading to the scrap heap instead. Drivetrain can always be changed.

Comment

I'm not saying I wouldn't drive the wheels off the mofo with the 350 in it, just as a matter of preference I like seeing a familial engine in a car (swapping a 472 or a 429 or a late model northstar like Richard said is pretty cool).

Good luck getting this car, that is way cool

Comment

Working...
                        X