Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '42 S&S Macedonian

Time for a carved treat.

Owned by a funeral home in Mexico and not for sale.

Atti... i've often wondered why so many of the coach builders put that stupid looking trim on the front of the hoods? My '51 Superior doesn't have it, but i've seen so many really old coaches with chrome outlines on the nose of the hood (including this one) and wondered if you'd know. This '42 is a goregous coach, I love the panels. If you get your hands on those hearse panels you'd mentioned you oughta just hang them together (as they were on the hearse) on a wall as some people display their artwork & paintings...

Comment

Each coach builder had their own styling cues/vision that helped distinguish themselves - and each had a loyal following. The nose trim was specific to S&S.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'd seen the same nose trim on the hood of that 1950ish Cadillac in one of your original posts and have seen so many since. That's why this site is so good to be a part of... you learn new things every day on here. Thanks again for the info Atti!

Comment

I agree with you, that nose trim makes the coach look like it has nostrils, I know that some are beasts but don't really care for the nostril look, Sorry S&S.....

Comment

I think they called them 'date markers' for some reason. I think the extra chrome was a nice touch personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
              I think they called them 'date markers' for some reason. I think the extra chrome was a nice touch personally.

Yep, what is odd is that I have pics of a 63 S&S with and without.

Here is with:

Without:

Comment

Working...
              X