No announcement yet.

Let's see some flower cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cary, I'm very interested in finding out *anything* further on the yellow '55 Superior and black '56 Superior. Sending you a pm or email was not possible. Thanks!

Comment

The yellow 55 was "shot" around New Orleans 20 years ago.....the black 56 was most likely an Ebay car...I dont recall where it was. I tried not to post duplicates of what you posted....I still have a few more folders to pilfer through. Thanks for all your pics!

Right click and save time here.....scrroll all the way down page....WILD Stuff!

Comment

Hmmm, I see pic of my 72.... Cary, poor thing. ha. Atti that one 55 looked like one I checked out in Buffalo a few years ago, POS and guy wanted 1200 but mostly wanted to trade over cash. Guy reminded me of the Scientist on Back to the Future and lived in a warehouse. He had a mid 60s flower car inside, ha. yea well I shit you not, he had 5000 tires on top of it. He said its in the corner, I said what?! I climbed the mountain to end up standing a few tires above the roof. Unbelievable. Idiot probably still has both but I don't have contact info. anymore. I then found my 72 superior which CW Coach had for awhile and now its in Missouri probably rotting some more, if thats possible.

Comment

Those "C cab" flower cars are soooo hard to find & if you'd found one for $1200 it would have been a good investment no matter what the condition... unless the roof had a tree across it. LOL there's been alot of interest in the C cabs online lately...

Comment

I don't know dude. lol. Although it was better than my 72 body wise, it was a rusty mess and the entire stainless area was gone with nothing but a huge opening. That is what turned me away from it really and made me jump on the 72. I figured finding the stainless deck would be next to impossible unless you want to fab everthing. There's a 1940-41 Packard Ambulance by us, Lima I think, guy wanted a lot for it and it was gutted, rusty and doors sagged in middle. Frame looked good. If I can find pics I'll show you at BG meet, nothing was on digital for that one. I'm sure guy still has it but my 56 will take up most of my time and money now don't need 2 dead soldiers as lawn ornaments.

Comment

Just found this on a Hemmings website... & no one there has a clue it's a '62 Caddy flower car, but in the hidden comments someone had written in to say it's a 1962 Superior Coupe De Fleur flower car

Last edited by hotroddwayne; 05-09-2009, 04:29 AM. Reason: found hidden comments

Comment

And what would the sticker shock be on that beauty? Looks like all it needs is some nice rims. ha.

Comment

It was in Hemmings "lost & found" archives Chris, so no info was available other than the editor's guesses as to what is. Lotsa good "barn finds" on there. In keeping with the theme of this flower car thread, here's a pair of coaches that are maybe the strangest you'll ever see... a wood-carved flower car & open air hearse found in an antiques wharehouse in Argentina. They are both being restored now...

Comment

Looks like those things need some heavy duty meds. WTF, some strange stuff comes out of there.

Comment

Actually they were discovered by a well-known surfer named Fernando Aguerre who lives in Cali now but has a huge car collection back in his native Argentina. There were 2 horse-drawn hearses in the warehouse too that they believe were the inspiration for the Cadillacs... but we here on NHAA have all seen the 1920's open-air hearse on E-bay that proves apparently for a LONG time this was the style of funeral cars they built & preferred over there. Here's the 2 horse-drawn ones he found in the same building:

Comment

Yea the one on ebay has been relisted again at $55,000.00

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_L View Post
                          What can I find to get Chris all fidgety.......
                          You're a mean mean man Mr. Livingston... =)

Comment

Every now and then bizzaro searches hit the mark... Wow!!!

Comment

I kept looking at that pic Atti and something was jogging my (clouded) memory. Something from 36 years ago....the palms etc...
                              The Southland Regatta held on Lake Maggoire in St Pete Florida. I was a mean ass 13 year old punk who always managed to sneak into the races. While I do not remember that car it sure as hell brought back some memories from my childhood if that pic was in fact taken there.

Comment

Caption with pic:

"Franny Conneny rigged up a flower car to transport his 'Alua Kai' to St. Petersburg, FL"

I bow to your knowledge! Egggggs-cellent!!! Bet you're wishing that you remember seeing this now..?

Comment

Working...
                                X