'38 Miller LaSalle Carved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '38 Miller LaSalle Carved

Met another local hearse enthusiast today in my adoptive city. Super nice guy. How many of you have Crown parts sucking bedroom space???

I digress. Among his coaches sat this gothic goodness patiently awaiting restoration:

Yes, the owner, Jack, is in the last shot.

Now - time for some fun. There are two details *very* different about this '38. (Jack grilled me as the previous owner did him. I spotted the obvious one...) What are they?

It doesn't have a 1938 Packard grill from the first glance.
    The tail lights are definitely a later addition.

& keeping with having some fun... it has a log chain bumper LOL
    Last edited by hotroddwayne; 05-14-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Ah-ha! So you've ascertained from the subject line that this Miller is not a Packard..?

May have to pass my Captain Obvious shirt to you.

Comment

Packards had the very defined grill, this looks like a "1938ish" Cadillac for sure in the front, but the tail lights... i've seen before... but look out of place on this coach. Wow what a find... I plan to score one of these carved-panels someday & do it "Resto-rod" but not lose any of it's original lines. Once the '67 is done i'll be on a quest! Have already located one in Texas that's possibly for sale in the future. I still have a lot to learn about coachbuilders, especially these old ones, but a hotrod background helps nail the year & make usually LOL! 2 hearses is enough for now but the next one will be one of these carved-panels, they are BY FAR the most elegant & sorrowful looking coaches to me. Gotta have one!

Comment

Year, make, and coach builder are already stated Dwayne. Are you excessively amped this morning on Java Monster Irish Creme..?

Comment

Sorry dude i'm still a little loopy from a visit to the dentist first thing this morning... best just lay down until this novacane or whatever they shot me up with wears off!
            Last edited by hotroddwayne; 05-14-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Now this is my dream car. I would give up the old lady for this one. Whats the price tag on one in this condition? Man that thing is cool.

Comment

This one is special - even among gothic coaches for a couple reasons:

1. Provenance.
                2. 1 of 2 'prototype' Miller coaches with carved wood panels. The other is the '37 V-12 Packard in the Canton Classic Car Museum -

As such I couldn't even fathom what this particular '38 Miller LaSalle is worth. Not rusty either.

Even given the current economy one would be hard pressed to find any non-rotted carved coach to restore under $15k.

Comment

Beautiful coach, I've seen this one in person and it is unbelievable. Yea, 15 is a good price for any gothic style and one I would pay if I had the money since they are way too beautiful. Looks like I need to start saving. Thanks for the info!
                  Last edited by bandedspirits; 05-16-2009, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X