Rotted & Forgotten 59 Cadillac hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotted & Forgotten 59 Cadillac hearse

Well, just got done with a local hearse meet with a few other NHAA members here, Dwayne and Todd. I decided to take a run up to northern ohio and check on that yard that always had the 59 cadillacs in it. It was still full of 59's, 1 hearse and I believe a 60 combo. Guy has major $$ and these are his parts cars, all of them! It's a shame but this is what happens I guess. Thought you guys would like to see pics. It's a fenced in yard and I have a better chance of coming across an evil monkey in a junkyard hearse again then anyone getting their hands on one of these.

Atti eat your heart out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bandedspirits; 05-16-2009, 11:30 PM.

OMG Chris that's such a shame these are sitting outside & being picked over for parts... especially the landau! Hope Atti & Kitkong see this thread they'll love it you found some more 59's! Hope ya didn't get shot at taking these pix, looks like a secured area

Comment

Do you guys have the contact info? I need that passenger side rear glass from that 60!

Comment

Neat to see for sure. I'm safe. No Crown limo there. Good lookin' though.

I should hope that if someone has dire need for a few parts that Bob would consider selling them.

*ahem* Cue Loren.

Comment

I see crown parts though there Atti, GET EM!

Comment

Supersnake do you know if '61 glass is the same as '60? Chris has been picking parts off of this '61 he has access to. However this looks to be a landau so only rear door glass is available. Chris pulled the glass out of the loading door & I think it's available... but he's mentioned this coach can't be found now because it's already grown over with weeds for the summer. If you see anything you can use, talk to him & he can pull it in the fall & sell to ya.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm really after 59 since that's what I have, but I'm assuming that 60 and 61 is the same as 59, right? I'm not in need of the door glass, it's the curved side glass.

Comment

There was a guy on ebay that had side round corner glass for a 59/60 for $300 set but did not sell. He said he took it out of a car 20 years ago, lucky you, I still had the auction here is a link to the old auction.

1959 60 Cadillac Superior Ambulance Rear Glass PAIR M&MeBay Motors (item 38012

I do have as dwayne mentioned rear loading door glass for a 1961 M/M endloader and rear loading door glass for a 1950 Miller combo. I have interior rear garnish moldings for both and a hard to find "vanishing shade" that is about 8 foot long, mounts above side windows on inside and are in original condition both left and right side.

These parts will be at the Flint meet in August for sure unless I sell em before hand.

As far as the the ones pictured in this post, a few years ago there was a 59 flower car sitting out and another 59 combo with 3 sun roofs cut into the top but I see those are no longer there, hopefully inside being restored.

Comment

Loren is lucky how..?

I've worked with glass professionally for almost 18 years now. If you have a way to morph one of these into the other - we'd all like to learn!

Comment

Hmmm, a glass cutter would work, I'm sure. Was a tad bit confused on the models, I'm not perfect....but close.

Comment

Well, the PO of my miller had a lexan panel made based off the drivers side. He said he had a connection that works with a NASCAR company. He said they used a machine that plotted almost every square inch on the glass and used a machine (I forget if it was mechanical or computer-based) to make a repro. So I dunno, maybe I have someone use the lexan panel and have a glass company make a mold? I got nothing...

Comment

Just FYI, These guys do custom glass, but will prob charge you 1500 for the prototype for that rear corner window (less if you have a good one they can base the mold off of). The good thing is, then you could prob mass produce them and corner the market while hooking yourself up. Eventually, one of us will have to do this as these cars will be around forever after we restore them as I see no waning interest in 59 or 60 cads anytime soon. Until then, scratchless Lexan is the cheap way to go for your hard-to-find curved glass needs - at least until you either make one yourself of find a spare...

Tri Valley Auto Glass
                        3553 First Street
                        Livermore, Ca. 94551
                        925-443-9655
                        888-883-8870

Comment

Wow, Livermore....that's about half an hour away from me! I'll have to check that out.

Comment

Funny...glass was the first thing I thought of when I saw that yard :

Hard to find glass.

-denise

Comment

So I'm guessing that I won't be getting that contact info after all???

Comment

Working...
                              X