My dream come true!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dream come true!

The pics below are of Dolores, named after the first rider. My 1968 Cadillac Superior Hearse that i picked up today straight from the funeral home. I always wanted a hearse since i was a kid in part because of my grandfather. We would always go out driving on the weekends in his 70's Duster and when we'd see a hearse he'd always say it was going to be a great day and have a big smile. Once day i finally asked him why he said that he just smiled and said it's gonna be a good day because you're not in the back of it. Ever since then i wanted one so that every day could be a good one and today it became true.
    Guess what? here's the kicker....this beauty was the actual very hearse that serviced my grandfathers funeral back in 79...his last ride so to speak. The funeral home just closed after all these years and still had it and put it up for sale! It's a happy day for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Dan

Last edited by dannyradikal; 06-29-2009, 05:35 PM.

Originally posted by dannyradikal View Post
    this beauty was the actual very hearse that serviced my grandfathers funeral back in 79...his last ride so to speak. T
    that is just fucking cool as hell. super congrats on your purchase.

Comment

What a beautiful coach... you found a nice one for sure! Looks like it's in excellent shape too, congrats

Comment

Happy Days.... congrats.... looks great

Comment

Congrats, that is a beautiful coach with great memories.

Comment

Unholy bejeesus! That is one sweet Superior Crown Royale Landaulet in an infrequently seen color. Great family pedigree to boot. What more can you ask for..? Congrats!

Comment

i think we all hate you

no no thats one sweet coach congrats

Comment

Congrats! That is an awesome coach and great story. It's definitely a great day for you and hope many more to come.

How about a vanity license plate that says GR8 DAY?!? Would give you plenty of opportunities to share that story.

Comment

Congratulations! You are very lucky to get a hearse of that year straight from the funeral home and the history with your grandfather adds to it.

Comment

That's an incredible hearse. Congragulations.

Comment

With the luck you had getting that coach, I would suggest you look inside that hearse, you just might find something worth a lot in it!

That is a beautiful coach. Interesting story. Hope you take well care of her. I especially love the fact that you know her original name too!

Comment

Vampirate_Maiden, interesting that you should say to look inside and maybe i'll find something. In the glove box there was two casket keys and a small leather pouch with a zipper and cross printed on it. Looked to be as old as the car. Opened it up and inside was a priest's sash and book of last rites. But that's not all...my inlaws came over to see it last night after i managed to snake it into the garage. My mother inlaw was totally creeped out by it, wouldn't get anywhere near it. We opened the rear door and noticed a compartment near the head liner above the sliding windows that seperate the front/back. I said i didn't notice that.... then she got all excited and ran to it yelling oooo there could be something inside....she opened it and a heavy thick rubber glove fell out. Then she says hey there's something else in there...she pulls it out and says...hey it's some kind of cover, too small to be for the car. I died laughing and said...ummmm that appears to be a body bag. She ran away so fast. We were laughing so hard.
                        At least it was a new bag! I only had her one day and already making memories.

Comment

Now you need to make an album with all your finds. There were a few things in my hearse when I got Her. The strangest was a steak knife. It was/is under the floor.

Comment

Still can't explain the top set of dentures we found under the Lincolns seat, I hope the 3' Snap-On pry bar that was behind the seat didn't have anything to do with 'em gettin' there!

Comment

Wow, that is one of the most awesome coaches I've seen!

I like the GR8DAY license plate idea - totally complete the history with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X