Playing with the vinyl cutter tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with the vinyl cutter tonight

Had some old car magnets I painted white (shoulda used off white to match the car better) then made some vinyls to apply to them.
    I'm sure they'll get some interesting looks (like the coach doesn't already get enough of those!)

Okay man, what will it cost to get that vinyl design in bright red? My brother-in-law needs that BAD! I'll "pick" the extra off, and I already have the application tape... Hell, what colors ya got? I may need a few of them...

Comment

Yeah that is sweet, how much for some?

Comment

What they said!

Comment

So Venom you just going to leave us hanging here?
          At least tell us "hell no they are all mine" or something.

Comment

I think it's funny as hell.

White is one of the most difficult colors to match; for instance, I tried to cover a spot on a snow white vehicle with Chrysler spinnaker white, and it turned out looking almost blue. I think it looks pretty good the way it is, but using a contrasting color is an option.

-denise

Comment

Heron white matches the car pretty spot-on.
              I used that when I painted the new driver's mirror.

As far as the zombie vinyls - I'm not a vinyl shop, just a guy who bought a cutter off of ebay for cheap to play with.
              I have no idea how much to charge, or even what they cost me to make.
              I'm not trying to be an ass, I just honestly don't know.

I guess let me know what color/sizes you want and I'll figure it out.
              I can do up to about 23" wide.
              I think I have plenty of dark blue, purple and red vinyl. If you want any other colors, I'll have to see what I can do.
              Boogeyman, if you wanna do the weeding and have the transfer tape, your will of course be cheaper - just let me know what size and color.
              For reference, the ones on my car are 12" diameter.

Comment

I'm not trying to be an ass,
                That's good, I don't need any more competition than I have now.

But seriously figure out how much you have in it in materials and stuff for that size and if it's something you feel like trying to sell let us know.

Comment

I had a thought, so I took my brain out and played with it...

What would it take to get one of these made? I'd like it in silver or chrome. If there is enough demand, the cost of a roll of chrome could be reasonable... And if you do get the chrome, I'd like the response team decals in chrome too
                  Attached Files

Comment

ok guys, I'm working on this
                    chrome is doable but will cost more and take longer since I'd have to order it
                    I also have some reflective black (think police cars) but that's $$

I redrew the NHAA logo in hi res so I can vectorize it for cutting
                    how's this look?

Comment

venom, your coach and the high res logo look great to me, if you do any in chrome i'd like a couple for Faye's back glass thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                        ok guys, I'm working on this
                        chrome is doable but will cost more and take longer since I'd have to order it
                        I also have some reflective black (think police cars) but that's $$

I redrew the NHAA logo in hi res so I can vectorize it for cutting
                        how's this look?

I'd definitely be interested in a couple of those for the back side glass on my combo.

If there's enough interest maybe you could take pre-orders so that you get enough up front money to pay for your vinyl and not have to cough up any of your own money.

Comment

Venom, what size vinyl does your machine take? What type of feed does it have?

I took the logo Chris supplied and just re-colored it for reference and figured it would have to be redrawn for the vector anyway. I would shorten the ends of the med star back a hair to distinguish it from the circle, and the lower right corner (as drawn) of the coffin has a gap, but overall it's good for me! I know I would be up for 4 at 3.5" , and I'm sure Alex will want at least that many as well. Chrome is definitely the way to go I think, as it won't clash with other window decals or paint schemes. I'm cool with waiting for a quality vinyl in the right color Sending you a PM...

Comment

I'd be interested as well...

Comment

Working...
                            X