New Coffin Air Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Coffin Air Cleaner

Well, while my car has been down with a blown radiator. I started working on my new air cleaner.
    After measuring & cutting... more measuring & more cutting, lots of swearing & blood, this is what was created.

Now it is not finished, still needs polishing, engraving, painting & smoothing of the edges, but you get the point.

Some of it's points, it is 24 inches long, 11 3/4 inches at it's widest & weighs a whopping 9 pounds. It is 95 percent aluminum with metal hardware & the filter element itself. It is heavy, but not all the weight is on the carb, there is a stud on the front attached to the block to support it's length & weight.

Sorry about the fuzzy pictures, I'll get better ones in the daylight.
    Attached Files

hmm. wow. so is that going to stick out through a hole in the hood?

Comment

Yup, the new engine has a higher intake, so I am putting a cowl on the hood. I figured, if I have to cut the hood, I am not having a standard round air cleaner underneath the cowl.

Comment

That is nothing short of straight up badass

Comment

very kOoL...

Comment

Damn...first the Church cart now this? How much and how long before I can have one?

Comment

That's pretty cool, it looks similar to mine. Mine is all steel though. I built mine a few years ago and I love it. (it's funny, a lot of people don't get it, lol)

Last edited by Creepy Cruiser; 08-06-2009, 04:02 AM.

Comment

That's cool!
                Steel was to heavy for the size, so I chose 1/8" aluminum. Still heavy though.
                What did you use the the mesh around the outside edge?

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
                  That's pretty cool, it looks similar to mine. Mine is all steel though. I built mine a few years ago and I love it. (it's funny, a lot of people don't get it, lol)

Man, that is one seriously dope coach - need more pics than just the car domain site. Give us some details!

Comment

You guys need to mass produce these things, I'd love to get my hands on one. Excellent job on both.

Comment

Originally posted by bandedspirits View Post
                      You guys need to mass produce these things, I'd love to get my hands on one. Excellent job on both.
                      We actually have a patent pending on mine, but the problem with making tons of them for sale to everybody is, they're not as cool if everybody has one, lol.

It would be kinda like, if Kia made a inexpencive Hearse for the masses and every teenager went out and bought one, it wouldn't be cool to drive one anymore, lol.

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                      Man, that is one seriously dope coach - need more pics than just the car domain site. Give us some details!
                      What kind of details were you looking for?
                      Last edited by Creepy Cruiser; 08-13-2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X