I don't believe in any haunted hearses or cemeteries anyway since I think ghosts will go to places they know and are used to, generally where they lived and went when they were alive. Still this sounds like a job for James Randi
[youtube]SUMY7epfsHs[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/user/HauntedHoax this channel is great as well. Along with http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainDisillusion (also both fans of the amazing Randi.)
Granted I'm the resident non-theist here but I've heard of other atheists who do believe in ghosts (although I don't see how they're not willing to accept evidence of the one but accept evidence of the other.) Still I'm not one to go around with my eyes closed and I've been in some pretty old buildings in Detroit. If I see or anyone can show me any concrete evidence that can't be explained away by normal means I'm completely willing to accept and change my views 100%, but first that has to be done. Just because we don't have an explanation for it right now does not mean we should use paranormal as an answer and most things can be explained easily these days.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Haunted Vehicle Documentary (Hearses)
Collapse
X
-
I have about 30 orbs that hang over the top of my hearse, does that qualify as haunted? I have taken pictures in the garage door open door closed, lights on, lights off. And they move around. I also have a newborn baby casket that has been used. I know this because it leaked formaldihide inside the casket. I know for a fact it was used as well. So is it the casket that is haunted or the coach?
Leave a comment:
-
I have to agree with that. Never seen anything in a cemetary. Never seen anything in a hearse or my ambulances.First let me say I do believe in ghosts/spirits, but I have never had any experience.
Why do people think hearses and graveyards are haunted? I'm not saying they can't be, just what reason would they be. Very few people die in either, but a lot of people assume they are haunted. I could understand a hospital or ambulance. I have been to graveyards at night and during a full moon. I have pictures with "orbs" from the graveyard, but that's all.
I've had uneasy feelings in hospitals, both good and bad. When my son was 2 he had a fever of 104 and his mother and I were sitting in the waiting room for close to an hour. They checked him over in the little room just outside of the ER waiting room and made sure it wasn't life threatening but we still were not going to see a doctor anytime soon. Nor could they give him anything. He was lethargic sweating and not looking good by any means. I felt someone sit down next to me and I thought I heard someone whisper "it will be alright". I looked and the seat next to me was empty. With in 20 minutes his fever had broke and come down to the high 90's. He improved so drasticly we left with in an hour never seeing a doctor. We had to sign a release to leave and went home the next day he was playing outside.
I have one car that made me a believer.Another time, he was towing a car (we are towing/repo) and he looks back at the car in his rearview and sees an old man behind the wheel. He stops the truck, gets out, of course no one in there. He starts off again and sees the same old man behind the wheel.
He started believing after that.
Out of all the cars I have owned only one has ever been associated with anything not easily explained.
I have one old 1960 Buick 4 door that has a bad vibe about it. It was my first Buick, infact it was the first antique car I purchased. I bought it from a junkyard and the car looked really good other than the interior and some faded paint. The front seat was heavily worn and the back was full of old lady blankets and throw pillows so I couldn't tell, the rest looked very good. Solid black with a red interior sitting all by itself in the back corner of the junk yard and it was complete. The doors were locked so I couldn't get in it but I checked over the body and rust was not an issue and the car was straight. I was a little over excited and offerd 300 as is and they said no. They wanted 1000. I said no. They told me it ran and I could drive it home. I didn't have that kind of cash and said no, They were a little eager to drop the price and said 800. I couldn't afford it, so they went to 700. I said OK if I could hear it run. They didn't have any keys. I was thinking this thing don't run or they would prove it. I said no thanks. They went to 600 and would have the keys the next day. I bought it never hearing it run.
I had a bad feeling about it running so I hired a wrecker and the next day he meet me at the yard. I got the keys and opened the door and took two steps back. This car smelled like a dead deer after a week in the sun. It was rancid. I have seen this before and thought there was a dead rat in the car. I would dig it out when I got home. I got the bar home and things didn't add up. The car ran and drove, but the trunk was full of tools. There was a tissue box on the front seat. The current tag was in the back floorboard. This car was fresh off the road and was not cleaned out at all. Now I am thinking stolen car. There was a name Atlanta address and phone number engraved on a carpenters square in the trunk and I gave it a call. The guy that answered the phone was upset that I called about the car. It was his fathers and he had it removed form the property and it was to be destroyed. This just got odd. Why destroyed? He didn't say much more than a rude "enjoy the car" before hanging up on me.
I registered the car and started the clean up process. I opened the car up for 4 days and the smell stayed. I found no rat, and my mother didn't like the car. She just said it wasn't right and it was ugly. I noticed the the cats would not sleep on the car like they did all the others, I told her it was because they knew better. But the cats avoided the car and wouldn't even lay under it. Maybe it was the dead smell so I got drastic and removed the interior and was going to get it recovered. When I pulled the back seat vynal up a brown out line of a torso was stained in the yellow foam and I found magots under the back seat. I knew now why it was supposed to be destroyed, the last owner died in it. I burned the back seat to recover the springs and had gut the interior. Nothing inside other than the dash could be saved.
I called the number back about a week later and talked to the same rude guy as before but this time he was nice. I didn't want a murder car or something like that. He explaind that It was his fathers and about 3 months prior His father was in the garage getting some groceries out the back seat and died. He was not found for a few days and a stroke had killed him. He also though he had a minor stoke a few days prior but was to stubborn to go to the doctor. I told him I didn't want a car someone had died in and then he laid another bomb on me. He told me that his father hit and killed a 9 year old girl in that car back in the 60's. He said that he was driving to fast and went off the road and through a fence and hit the girl pinning her under the car and almost hitting a second child. He did some time for that but retained the car.
I didn't really know if the 9 year old girl story was real or an attempt to scare me untill I started the body work. The front fender on top was pushed down like it went under something and the hood had a deep gouge in the peak like it was hit by an ax. Ther was also some scrapes down the sides and some dents in the roof. I have done enough body work to put togetehr the fact that the damage fits running through a wood fence.
This car has given most people an unesy feeling. Cats won't go near it. My dads dog is drawn to it and sniffs away, the only other cars he does that with are the hearses so I believe he can smell death. I have heard a childs laughter and I am not the old one. I have had cold chills. I took a nap in the car one time when waiting on my parents to come home and let me in. I had a nightmare about my death in that car. I had taken a photo of the car and through the front window you can see a smoky outline of someone in the front seat.
The thing that scared the crap out of me was this. I was working on my ford after moving the Buick to get the Ford under the awning. It got dark and I was cleaning up to go inside when I noticed the dome light of the buick was on. I opened the door and flicked the switch and the light was still on. I slammed the door thinking the door switch was stuck. It stayed on so I grabbed the buld to pull it out and the thing was to hot to handle. It burned me good enough to leave the bulb alone. I said crap I will pull the battery cable so I don't ruin the battery. I popped the hood and the battery tray was empty. I then realized that I only had 1 good battery and I put it in the ford after I had moved the Buick. I looked around the hood and the light flicked off. I said oh crap left the hood up and the tools where thay were and hauled ass into the house. I can't explain that one. I wish I could say the light played tricks on me but the buld was to dang hot to grab, how do you explain it?
Right now it is in storage with 6 other 1960 Buicks and the lady storing them for me doesn't like that car. Plus it is the only one that refuses to wear its cover. No matter how well it is teid on it will come off. The other stay put.
There is something wrong with that car. Out of the 100 plus that I have owned .......only that car.
Leave a comment:
-
Good thread! I know it's old but I'm still exploring the corridors here.....
My husband did not believe in the existence of ghosts before he met me. After being together for awhile (and dragging him out on a few graveyard photo crawls) he began to experience things he couldn't explain.
Example: He waited by the car while I went off taking pics in a cem--because he smokes and I didn't want false positive pics. I couldn't get them on film, but I 'felt' them crowding around behind me. All of a sudden, here comes hubby busting ass down to where I was (it was dusk at this point) and he's looking around me. I said, "What are you looking at?" He says, "I saw all these black shadows moving around behind you and thought someone was messing with you."
Another time, he was towing a car (we are towing/repo) and he looks back at the car in his rearview and sees an old man behind the wheel. He stops the truck, gets out, of course no one in there. He starts off again and sees the same old man behind the wheel.
He started believing after that.
I've had experiences like this all my life.
My funniest one: 3 am, I'm taking a pee. I hear "HI!!!!!" Then softer, "I'm John." Hubs was asleep and snoring, no tv, radio, etc on.
And to second what BandedSpirits said: They are around us 24/7; you just have to start paying attention. The more you seek, the more you see and hear.
Dangit, now I'm going to have to take my EMF meter through the car.
Leave a comment:
-
It can be cleansed, however only with the blood of a filthy hippy can it be done.Originally posted by Zachary View Postfilthy hippy sweat is forever.
A filthy hippy is dirtier than a dirty hippy, but no less redundant. This is what happens when you rub pine needles under your arms instead of using deodorant.
Leave a comment:
-
I never really concern myself with a haunted vehicle, there are far worse things that your hearse could have in it's past that would be far more disturbing to me, such as prior hippy ownership, which in many ways can taint the car forever. Finding a god damned Grateful Dead sticker ironically placed on the car in any location is enough for me to second guess my ownership of it. You can eventually expel a demonic possession, but filthy hippy sweat is forever.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for the great story. I should have hosting package set up tomorrow and start building the new site. We're up to 5 cars to schedule and I don't even have the site going yet so this is going to be a fun project. As far as your home, foot steps would be common in a residual type of haunt, where the same thing plays over and over. Same time, same day of the week or time of the year. It is like a rip in time and the event that you are witness to is say 1910, they are unaware of what is going on and that you are even there, they are still going through their daily routine as many of us do. As far as Roxy, she was an ambulance and used as such with the ambulance bumper, pull up shades and orignal ambulance plexi inserts for all the side glass...so....could have been a few fresh ones in there I'm sure. I'll keep ya posted on the progress and when hauntedvehicles.com is posted. All websites are a labor of love and this will be no different. Keep me informed on any more happenings.
Leave a comment:
-
I guess i could see an ambulance being having activity, Is Roxy an ambulance or does she love the car...? I don't now if I have a ghost in my place only thing I have encountered are footsteps. I was downstairs in the living room watching the tube and heard footsteps upstairs so I went to see what "The Boy" (my son) was up to since he had slipped in without me hearing him,, I thought.. so upstairs and nothing,, now these were very distinct footsteps. I couldn't even pass them off as the house settling or expanding and contracting with the weather as I said i went up to see who was there..Originally posted by bandedspirits View Post. Cars are the same, if a person really loves their vehicle, they could remain behind to protect it. Myself, I'm gonna haunt my cars and drive them to my ex-wife's and then haunt her.
So I can't say but in talking with my neighbor across the alley.. Lived here all her life and about 75 yrs old... She told me there was a funeral in my house for a young girl, this was fairly normal back in the day, The women would all gather in the room with the deceased and the men would gather
somewhere else as it goes the Grandfather of this girl did nothing but pace the hall upstairs the whole time...Now he didn't live there i don't believe but not sure.. but that is it as far as hearing... I sometimes think I see shadows in the hall but that could be the.... well it could be something else affecting my vision... so that is my story.. Keep me posted on what you find about your coach...I think the idea is pretty cool.. Party on
Leave a comment:
-
Now that is a cool story and super creepy at the same time. I know my ex-girlfriends father lives in his 1998 Grand Am, he drives by every so often and damn thing drags the ground, has windshield shades on all rear windows and a ton on crap on the inside. House was closed by the health depart so he lives in his drive way inside the car, a real loser. I can imagine the smell is real pleasant on the inside too.
Leave a comment:
-
I had a 63 sedan that the owner killed her self in. She was homeless, or at least the cloths and pics I found all throughout the car suggested. Cool history to share with the new owner. I told him after the car was loaded up and cash in my pocket. I even gave him the letters written to her from her boyfriend in prison. Those were in the glove box/dresser. There was a real fuckin psycho for ya.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: