'56 Superior Ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '56 Superior Ambulance

Been on a torrid pace of late turning up stuff. On Thursday in central TX I spotted this in the distance off a highway:

Yes, I *do* travel with a camera in my lap. Yes, this was a first take shot @ 70mph. Not bad.

Of course I find an exit and circle back~ 45 minutes and 60 pictures later I'm flabbergasted with how utterly rust free this 51k original CA ambulance is:

Carefully inventoried what was there, literally taking notes to accompany photos. This rig is 98% complete.

Most everything not on the ambulance is located inside; hubcaps, skirts, front bumper/grill, both pillar spots, etc. Tunnel lights are the largest item missing. Federal Beacon Ray 173 is incomplete. Only mechanical modification noticed is an electric fuel pump. More fun detail schtuff:

Although the owner was not present, I made an offer to an employee that he found receptive enough to give me the owner's cell phone number. We'll see what happens. This isn't a procar I'd personally keep~

It wasn't until I got home today and downloaded all the pictures that I realized something. I already have a few pics saved of this rig! My memory jogged, it ran on eBay March, 2009. I do not recall what happened with the auction but think it was a high opening bid price for starters AND 'Reserve Not Yet Met' on top of it. No one bid. Correct me here if wrong. Also, I do NOT remember this being in TX.

not my cup o tea either, but a great car for someone. Nice to find them un mollested and not rusted to hell

Comment

Atti, you are like a pro-car spying ninja! i wish i could afford all the great cars you find. damn!

Comment

that bitch is my cup of tea!!!!! DELICIOUS!

Comment

That is too cool!

Comment

thats workable.

Comment

Working...
            X