Prewar WHAT???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prewar WHAT???

That was my response when I first heard of this two night ago. Pictures arrived today.

Well well well - it is a Packard.

My jaw hit the deck right about now as well.

Looks like a '37 (or '36?) Miller!!!

Still downloading dozens more (mainly) detail shots. Doesn't appear complete so far but am told that it is. Hoping items removed are in upcoming pictures yet. There is no rot. Original straight 8, transmission, and all linkages are still hooked up. Those wire wheels don't look correct.

Yes, the owner wants to sell. No, I don't have a price yet. He's looking for an offer. I won't even ballpark figures until seeing more. But I will say that this is going to be the most reasonable carved coach offered in the last decade. Bet me.

Wow...speechless...

Comment

My god I need that coach.

Comment

Mine!

Comment

I'm wondering if this is a Cunningham coach on a Packard Chassis. I believe that Henny didn't build Carved cars cars after 1925.

Comment

Page 155 of the (new) MM book clearly shows this as a Miller Art Carved and matches nicely with a '37 model pictured. Definitely isn't a '38, given Henney's exclusivity contract with Packard - although it can be a '36.

For those wondering, this is under $10k. Received dozens of shots so far and anticipate more later today of the (potentially) missing items.

Comment

What new MM book?

Comment

$80 or $54 on Amazon. 10 years in the making!

Comment

Well fuck me raw.... it actually happened!

Any good info on the '72 model year?

Comment

Including CB, there are almost 5 full pages of text and images for '72.

Comment

Man that thing has been the stuff of legend for 10+ years. I remember when Walt got all that money back in the day and people were going to lynch him for not publishing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X