'42 Miller Art Carved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '42 Miller Art Carved

Arguably the most famous coach that has come out of Mexico in recent years.

Price of admission? A 22 hour day without so much as bathroom breaks or food. Add ticks faster than you can count while removing. Think you have what it takes?

Not a single image was included in the Miller Meteor book of an Art Carved with glass panels. Some have claimed this must be faked or modified.

This '42 Miller Art Carved is unrestored, original paint, and most definitely REAL!

Detail this rare coach exudes is simply breathtaking. Upon walking around a corner and at first glance, it commands both unheralded attention and respect.

Given confines, 25mm wide angle provided a decent tool.

Note smooth, curved rear door that does not have arched windows.

Leaning toward reupholstered interior (or portions thereof) at some point in the past. Doesn't deter much as patina matches.

Shriner insignia or funeral lamp..?

Many, many deep breaths were heard as this coach saturated senses.

The Miller's custodian has gone through mechanically since acquiring. It now runs. Wheels have been powdercoated and new tires fitted, yet to be mounted on coach.

There is evidence supporting this coach continued a 'trend' of being exported to Mexico when originally decommissioned in the US. It was last registered here in New Jersey, 1949. Perhaps this is enough information to track early life.

Seriously badass dude.

Comment

Is there a price on this? I imagine it's un-affordable, but just wondering

Comment

That is a beautiful peice of art...

Comment

Wow. That really is breath taking. That's amazing. Any history, specs, or story on this coach?

Comment

What an absolutely stunning piece & an incredible find... I'd love to see some more pics of this, possibly in a higher resolution... Wow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beast Lee View Post
              What an absolutely stunning piece & an incredible find... I'd love to see some more pics of this, possibly in a higher resolution... Wow!!!
              +1!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spastic_chicken View Post
                Is there a price on this? I imagine it's un-affordable, but just wondering
                Remove that idea from your head! Is not now nor for the next generation be available; being willed.

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
                Wow. That really is breath taking. That's amazing. Any history, specs, or story on this coach?
                When you retrieve that door glass, you can see it in person.

Originally posted by Beast Lee View Post
                Right click/view image to bring them up 1024x576. I shot higher but that seemed large enough to upload.

Comment

You don't see those every day. For some strange reason, carved hearses give me the creeps! What's up with the modern serpentine belts? They look out of place on an old car like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X