Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably going to pull the trigger. (63 MM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably going to pull the trigger. (63 MM)

Only problem is this car is 2400 miles away. I have access to a Penn Dot F350, and we could probably find a big enough trailer.

This is my good buddy from HS' wife's familie's car. And they have wanted me to own it come the right time since I met them and they got to see my 63 hearse.

It's time, and the price is right, but it's a hike.

Are those mars 888s? and they aren't probably correct are they?

That is nice!

Comment

Really hope you can make it happen! That thing has definite potential. I'm not well versed enough with emergency equipment to state what is correct. But I can tell you that Martin (720.280.1010) would hook you up with shipping. 2400 miles = $1800 tops, maybe a little less. Figure fuel both ways, trailer rental, and duration of time round trip and see how that compares!

Comment

Wow man, this thing appears to be in great shape. What a find. Id def figure a way to make it happen, wouldn't let it get away. Good luck and keep posted!

I spy a 60 pontiac hiding back there too...great looking cars...

Comment

As far as I know Mars never made an 888-type light with that much extension to the back of the cone. The early ones were a bid more conical than the later ones, but nothing approaching as pointed as that.

Do you know the coachbuilder? (edit - I see the MM in the title now) Certain coachbuilders sometimes used stand alone lights like that from time to time, although I can't recall seeing any exactly like that in my travels.
          Last edited by R U INJRD; 06-16-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Things are going well, my friends in PA with the space will let me store it there, also found a windshield to sell to help finance the deal.

Comment

Working...
            X