inaugural Lynchburg hearse show pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inaugural Lynchburg hearse show pics

NHAA member Anthony Giangualano organized, 6 coaches attended, NHAA member Shawn of the MPCC took the long distance honor by driving 5+ hours. Held on the grounds of Lynchburg's Old City Cemetery, the 1800s visuals were perfect.

Horse drawn hearse is owned by cemetery. It was restored to service condition in the '50s. There are no maker body tags/marks and they welcome any info including year range.

My iconic camera actually experienced technical difficulties believed from overheating. 'Twas a scalding hot one today. Enjoy.

From my my quick glancing of pics Ive seen, the horsre drawn is either a Cunningham, as you suggested. Or Possibly an S&S or maybe Rock Falls, which I assume is Eureka built coach. From 1885-1900. But Im far from an expert on horse drawn funeral car, as they were called.

Comment

My guess is the Horse drawn hearse is an 8 collumn Mosque top, with carved panels, and dates from 1893-1915.

Comment

Is the car with the tiles and pelicans from La.?

Comment

Owners purchased from a New Orleans artist, yes.

Comment

I heard about this car and been looking for it for 2 years, found the Guys house, and left cards and contact info, but no one was ever home. His house looks just like the car. Supposebly the Guy did tile work for a living. A neighbor verified a hearse lived there, was just never to catch up to it. Mystery solved at last.

Comment

Don't know how long ago they purchased - Anthony may. Took artist 5 years to 'complete'. Suitably and unintended, there was a black widow crawling between rooftop decorations. I could macro in fast enough to capture but many saw it!

Comment

I remember hearing about that car, just never saw it til now.

Comment

I almost made it to this, wish I really did but had an alternate engagement down there.

Comment

Working...
                  X