70's Armbruster Airport Limo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's Armbruster Airport Limo??

Hey guys! I know we all have fetishes for the morbid here on this site..But I was hoping maybe I could spark some interest in the professional car area by opening a discussion on this beauty I found in the middle of nowhere. It looks to me like a 70's model Amrbruster/Stageway Airport Limo..but I deal with hearses...so I might be WAY off. Does anyone know what this is by the looks of it? It's in beautiful shape. What is the worth of this thing? I think I want it..but I need to know a little more about it first!

Limo.jpg

If anyone could help me out or point me in a general direction that would be much appreciated!

The rear of this car looks to be 58 chevy. The trim is strange but its probly been changed quite a bit. Aflter all it does 8 doors lol. Appears to be 1958 chevy. Hopefully someone will know more...its def a cool car man!

Comment

It's pretty geometric that's why I was thinking maybe a newer model..and it's in such great shape I couldn't even imagine it being a late 50's anything. The trim is strange..I don't think I've seen a car quite like this! Thanks for posting!

Comment

I've got a 58 chevy. The quarter panel is a dead giveaway. Pic of front or rear would help emensely tho!

Comment

My 58.

Comment

I just snapped this from the side of the road. I didn't even have time to go check it out fully. Just walked around and asked the lady who owned it about it...which she knew absolutely nothing and acted like I could take it if I wanted to offer something! What's a rough price to offer? So, this is a 58 chevy..with a million doors?

Comment

Dude I would snag that thing in a heartbeat. Its siiick! Yes its a 58 chevy with a lot of doors. Probly most certainly an airport limo. That thing is wicked awesome...the wheels would have to go, probly not even rated for weight of that chassis. But if the price is right she would def take up 2 spaces in my driveway lol

Comment

'58 Chevy for sure. Rear comparison:

With exception of a couple select hotels (Broadmoor) or sight seeing companies, pretty sure all multi-door period stretches were in fact airport limos. Haven't any facts to back up coach builder guesses yet.

Comment

1958 Chevy Stageway dealer ad, it says these were only sold through Queen City Chevrolet in Cincinnati Ohio

Comment

Kudos Dwayne! Nicely done.

Comment

Your a bad dude wayne. Lol. There ya go Irie. As far as price, jeez I wouldn't even know where to start. Id start at $500 honestly. Feel em out, see what they think its worth ya know. Its one of those things I think, its worth what you wanna pay for it. There's no market to judge a concrete value really. Jus my opinion and $.02

Comment

In no scenario is it ever wise to make an initial offer less than scrap value. Something to keep in mind.

I have a friend who earlier this year picked up an Olds Toronado airport limo at a wrecker as the half-wit employees were literally trying to figure out to either cut it or fold it to fit in crusher. Damn thing is rust free and all of the commercial glass is good too! Cost him a little over a grand in the end. 26' long...although it looks 30'.

Another factor to consider when offering given limited demand for airport limos in general~ Checker Aerobus is tough to find under $3-4k needing restored - and 3568 were made. Larger cult following.

Comment

I've bought many cars at less than scrap value. I've also sold a few for less than scrap. Not that I'm saying offer them 500 and be a shcmuck about it, jus sayin hey, you want me to make an offer, ok lets start at 500 bucks. 500 bucks is a great starting point for a beater. Unless its something that OBVIOUSLY far more valuble. My 69 for instance. Guy said, I dunno whats it worth to ya? I hit him with 500. He said how bout 700. I said how bout 600. He said deal. I always start at scrap value. Never pay more than you have to because you wanna be a good guy about it. Unlike some, I don't have a lot of money. I build on a budget. I'm not a "collector", I'm an enthusiast. I build with what my wallet says I can build. But if I can help it, I always say, "I don't like putting a value on someone elses things". Then make them tell me what they want and haggle from there.

Comment

Man that thing is ridiculous cool, I would go make her an offer if I were you.
                            If not tell us where it is

Comment

As a 58 Chevy guy, (got five of 'em!) I'm salivating at this find! The '58 Chevrolet is a bastard one year body,
                              Go check on it! Very rare!

Comment

Working...
                              X