'60 MM Landau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '60 MM Landau

A fine example of how constantly looking out for other collectors' interests traverses full circle. Buddy of mine just texted this shot found in a junkyard:

Way off beaten path, higher elevation, not in an area of the US known for rust>>>>>>>

Even with all the glass broken out this looks like a good fairly unmolested builder. Makes me want to take a flashlight to the picture and shine around for the table. Yeah. It's a 3-way.

I've already inquired about price. (In the meantime, one of you advantageous types can start tracking going off the background.) Interested parties will go through thorough testing and a background check to try and keep this a non-Ecto. And since a select few hardheaded individuals are still thinking along those lines, I do have all the inner and outer molding sets to turn this into a Futura. That cost will flat out hurt you though.

I'd love that car. Only hard part would be the back glass.

Comment

Agreed Russ. I likewise think back glass will take the longest to find.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

'nuff said

Comment

Finally heard price and it is quite fair! May have already found this '60 a new home. Should have more pictures very shortly - look for them.

Comment

Comment

The rocks on the floor are sad, you know some asshat smashed the glass on purpose.

Comment

That interior is crazy

Comment

Stanley and Helen Roper approved.

Comment

Is that interior stock? I had a similar "Navajo style" interior in parts of my 58MM...

Comment

Best of my knowledge this is the original interior, yes.

Been trying to fnd out if this is still available because I've located an entire rear loading door (rust free) taken off a '59 MM 25 years ago and stored since. Should have it in hand next week. '60 project becomes more appealing to anyone with rear loading door glass!

Comment

Wow! I would almost take the whole car to put mine back together if the price was right and the location close enough for a short road trip. There is a picture there of the sconces and I would hazard a guess that they are the same as what my 62 should have. (I have never seen them, just the shadowy outline of where they would be. ) Atleast I have a picture now to work from.

Comment

Correct me if i'm wrong.. But ive got an eye for assholes work on cars.. Happened to my old Bel Air...
                            Looks like someone has gone to town on this car.. For why.. I have no idea.. Maybe generic hearse hater.
                            Anyways.
                            Rocks in on the floor implies that the glass has been intentionally broken, and the right side of it is all wavy from what looks like someone kicked the shit out of it???

Assholes....

On a lighter note, Thats a nice hearse. Has it been sold yet? THe interior is very... Unusual.

Jackson

Comment

Ironically, it just sold this past week to a friend who has a rotted '60 MM 3-way that is complete - including glass. He has a couple restorations ahead in line but this will eventually be restored to factory specs between both coaches. Took a few months but it is finally going to a good home.

Rear interior ended up not being original.

Comment

Working...
                              X