What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do to your car today?

Don't know if the idea will interest anyone else, but one of my car forums has a long running thread called "What did you do to your car today?"

A couple days ago I had the car all cleaned up, and happened to be dressed up nice for work. That night I was digging through some old family photos, and found a photo of my grandfather standing next to his car with his brothers at the house they grew up in. It inspired me, so the next day I cleaned the car back up, got dressed back up, and thanks to the agreeable weather, remade that photo, sans brothers, at my own house. It took the heavy tripod, the good camera, some bricks (due to the wind), and some suggestions from the neighbor across the street (I was shooting from her yard, but I managed to get it just about right. I even pulled the lattice down under the porch to match the old photo.
    Sadly I can't post the old photo until I can get my copy stand set back up, since the original is in an old frame and stuck to the glass. But I think you'll get the idea.

looked at mine.

Comment

Haven't done anything with my cars but I've had a number of shipments arrive for the motorcycle these past several days. Made some drag bars, mounted some bar end mirrors, changed the tires and am currently working to relace another set of wheels so I can rock identical vintage style rubber front and rear.

Comment

Love that bike! I know it's not really practical, but it's almost screaming for a sidecar...

Comment

I looked at mine as well, I have done a lot of sanding and cleaning on the 49 lately though.

Comment

Drove a little over 200 miles in the '95 after a 4:30am departure. Probably walked 15+ miles traversing 11,000 vendors over 150 acres @ Charlotte AutoFair. Fresh head shave last night will not bode well come this time next week. Ooph.

But hey! All worth it. Bought many toys and '59 Cadillac parts. Really enjoy having that much vehicle space readily available to carry stuff. Plus a random conversation resulted in finding an ex-'54 Eureka flower car owner who still has extra '54 Eureka hearse parts laying around. =)

Currently rehydrating, enjoying air conditioning, and sucking WiFi while eating for 1st time today...

Comment

Drove my Eureka to work!

Comment

Neat story behind your photo PT! I like that idea a lot.

For me I fixed the starter on a friends Chevy, picked up lumber in the 1971 Superior and took it to the Star Trek convention and rescued our busted ass 1975 Miller Meteor from a breakdown during last weeks film shoot!

Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm... What did we do to the hearse today? Ordered wheel studs for her. One step closer to driving her.

Comment

Only thing I can do to My limo right now other than install the windshield,, is look at it. Major road project in front of My house means I can't take it out till December at the earliest

Comment

drove it to my barn, wood block jammed between frame and axle worked great to make up for the broken leaf spring. did notice rusty brake lines and had to push heck of a hard to get them brakes to stop. carb gonna need a rebuilt also, gas leaing out of its base gasket when i pour fuel down the carb. also i think the throttle shaft leaks.

Comment

This weekend I pulled the whole top end off of my 65 Bonneville Hearse and cleaned and replaced both head gaskets and rebuilt the carb!! She is almost back together again.

Comment

Originally posted by rynocs View Post
                          This weekend I pulled the whole top end off of my 65 Bonneville Hearse and cleaned and replaced both head gaskets and rebuilt the carb!! She is almost back together again.
                          Been there; done that to my 62. Rebuilt the carb too only to discover throttle linkage bent (which explained why it was on there backwards). Runs like a champ now, but the linkage causes it to stick a bit.

Comment

Took crappy addvertiseing off one side ,carb overhaul. Next I gotta fix the AC

Comment

Working...
                            X