No announcement yet.

epic procar & funeral auction trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow... Some incredible finds you got there Atti, thanks once again for taking the time to share them with us...

Comment

Nice score. I wish I could get that lucky.

Just a FYI, there was an article a couple of days ago where some guy in tennessee digging in his yard found some of those military tombstones like you have pictured. The article states that these were considered government property and were typically destroyed when they were replaced. So, you might be carefull if you decide to display them. However, it might be a non issue as well. I just thought I'd mention it. Here is a link to the article...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...itary-cemetery

Comment

Appreciate the article.

Even though I'm still on vacation, I couldn't wait any longer to carefully unwrap and wash dirt off this light. Other than coming up with some Superior Funeral Supply Corporation patents online and learning several torchiere lamps acquired were made by same company, I've not found out much else.

Maybe at least someone here knows what sort of light this is called? I need more search parameters to try.
        Last edited by 60Crown; 05-25-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

how about bad ass mother fricking lights ..what a haul !!

Comment

En route back from vacation, I detoured back roads swinging by Cunningham-Hughes FH one last time to shoot the building. Front, down alley, then back (chapel over rear garage/basement - which runs entire building length):

Why get off beaten path? Spotted this original '70 Superior about 45 minutes away.

Sweet funeral director loves this coach and isn't interested in selling. When asked if this is it's original funeral home, she replied that she and her husband are second owners, that it came with a funeral home they purchased years ago (although that isn't really a clear answer as it can go both ways). Engine rebuilt not 5 years ago and "just purrs". When some rust protrusions started showing through the vinyl top a couple years ago, it stopped seeing service. After mentioning how disappointed she was in calling upholstery shops that didn't know how (or want) to deal with this, I gave her my friend Stephen Everhart's contact info. His Trimmers Upholstery shop and experience with hearse vinyl tops should be worth the couple hour drive. (Hopefully Stephen will join NHAA too as I'm sure many of you would be interested in either vinyl top replacement or DIY 'kits'.)

The best part? Hearing her speak of how large people have gotten and how this '70 handles bodies better than a newer hearse. Hope they get top handled and start using the old girl again!

Funny side note~ FD happened to be outside when I arrived. The look of confusion on her face seeing another hearse pull in was priceless. When she looked through curtains and saw it packed, I offered to show some of cache from previous weekend. She was familiar with Cunningham-Hughes FH and had no idea there was an auction.

Comment

Atti, what was your MPG on this trip?

Comment

19.45 empty (still working to get this higher) and shockingly 18.39 loaded!

Comment

I'm trying to find a replacement beacon for the one that was quite obviously removed from my '58 Landaulette. Are either of those Beacons pictured 6 volt? If so, I'd be interested!

And btw - Nice Haul!

Comment

Both beacons are the same 17-D 12v and date to early-mid '60s vintage.

Comment

How much for the Cunningham signs?

Comment

Did you or another hearse person get the 69?
                        Please tell me a scrap metal person didn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                          Before anyone asks, I am not interested in reselling any funeral signs. Other duplicates are possible but not these.
                          Appreciate that you like the Cunningham Hughes piece but as stated I'm not selling any signage.

I purchased the '69 on behalf of a close friend who could not attend the auction. We game planned a day in advance, set a limit, and even after a local ran me up $200, still came out on top under a grand less than I would have paid. The Paramount doesn't need much.

Comment

Ah, gotchya! Yea that Paramount is beautiful! I've never seen one in person.. For some reason the inside looked dustier than the outside!?

Comment

Nice pick

Comment

Thanks guys.

Paramount interior was very dirty, yes. Mechanicals had been kept up - newer hoses, rotor, cap, wires, alternator, etc. Battery was dead. Rear driver door needs a small amount of work on bottom, rest of coach is quite clean. Repainted once in same color, still has nice original crinkle top.

It seems given rarity that both Paramounts and Eternas draw quite a bit of attention from MM enthusiasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X