calling Atti ! ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling Atti ! ! ! !

ever thought of making this a coach???? if anyone can, i bet its you! i think it would make a sick army ambulance.

Several years ago there was a PowerWagon at the Springfield, MO swapmeet that was an original Navy ambulance.
    I'll find a photo of it.......

Comment

Just last week in NM I saw an ex-military yellow Power Wagon in NM.

Neat idea for the MB. I've seen this casting in at least two colors hanging on the pegs. In the last 3 months or so, I've not even made the time to finish the first batch of Ectos being turned back into hearses...

Ever finish the Packard?

Comment

Ive seen the army truck in a beige but it was in a box set.

I haven't done anything to the Packard in months, Ive been job searching and restoring a 71 MM endloader.
        However, last night I was feeling creative and cut up a 63 hearse to make another high top, and saw the Packard, a bunch of flower cars and the 53 custom caddy that i started making into a fire dept ladder car. So sometime soon ill make some progress on all these cars.....

Ill post pics of the new high top soon, Its an S&S with the stainless side tunnel lights!
        this board needs a models and miniatures section!
        Last edited by Dr.Feelgood; 08-06-2010, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Atti, cant find the guys number who does transport for 50 cents a mile

Comment

Andrew:

248-830-1830

Comment

atti, any idea if he will pick up a car from Canada?

Comment

No clue.

What did you find?????

Comment

59 superior limo style, haven't spoken to him yet
                  It seems he started the restorarion and had to stop.

Comment

Bitchin'! Let's see a sneak peak.

Comment

I suck at computers, but i will see if my friend can post them here monday
                      don't have any good pics, just some interior shots. . BIGGGGGG.... front floor pan holes thoe.

Comment

ambulance.jpghere are some pics of the coach, what do ya think?
                        amb4.jpg
                        amb1.jpg
                        amb2.jpg
                        amb3.jpg

Comment

Honestly? Better than I was anticipating Jeff!

If floor rot is contained to the front section, replacing it won't be too difficult. Replacing the center transmission tunnel will double that cost however, so factor how far the tin worm has crept up it into consideration.

Notes:

Superior body trim will be tough to find, not cheap when you do.

Missing items like fender gunsights, the 3 piece trim between top fender molding and eyebrow, eyebrows, etc can add up. Inventory all of that beforehand.

Steering wheel itself is in nice shape for a '59. Repro horn ring is $550 with an original selling upwards of $750 - IF you can find one not cracked.

Dash pad looks good too. That'll save you $600-800, color dependent.

Good starting point for a '59, if reasonably priced.
                          Last edited by 60Crown; 08-16-2010, 02:29 AM.

Comment

check the rocker panels under the kick plate, and the inner & outer rockers. I'm spending a small furtune. replaced the right inner, outer rocker, top rocker extension plate, complete front floor except the trans tunnel. Left outer rocker, rocker extension. Crawl under the coach and check the back floor. What I have found is the coach makers didnt use body sealer on the floor. Look at where metal panels were joined. What Im finding is the rust is working its way from the top down.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X