Matchbox '63 ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchbox '63 ambulance

Walmarts (and Targets for that matter) are near completion of spring/summer toy modular (reset). Product for the first time since pre-holidays is being restocked.

New Walmart exclusive gold ambulances (and more non-Walmart new red ambulances) are showing up with increased frequency online. Finally found a case to relay hard numbers, excuse the cell pics (camera battery was dead):

Had expected Z case mix - yet here is 989E.

4 per case of 36! Note: I now realize after seeing several of the other cars in this case hanging on the pegs (4 different stores over the last couple weeks) that this gold ambulance is in demand. Finding this case confirmed they're indeed out of the same mix and had already sold.

A friend gave me a hot wheels today called "Fangula". The description is as follows: "With an exposed engine, tall injector stacks, side pipes and a clear roof, this auto body is one killer ride." It actually has landau bars on it. it comes in black and gold.

Comment

Looks like it comes in purple too.

Comment

Congrats thread jacker.

Boogeyman Con Carne already posted some time ago about Fangula. It features loosely based '62 Cadillac fins and rear bumper. Metalflake purple was the first release, followed by metalflake gold. Metalflake black was the third color for '10.

Comment

Sorry I was excited and this was the closest thread.

Comment

Got a red and white 63 that jumped out at Me tonite at Dollar General, don't look like this one though.
            Last edited by travlinman; 02-22-2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

At a diecast convention last week, new MB sneak peeks were on display. There are two recolors upcoming on this casting:

1. Red (slightly darker than last) with clear windows, cream interior, and gold base.
              2. White with green windows, white interior, gold base.

Really fuzzy pic or I'd repost. Looks like different tampos though, so probably two distinct case mixes and not one Walmart exclusive verses other retail release.

Comment

First of the '12 recolors is starting to show up in the US. Be on the look out. (Borrowed pics.)

Gothic font used for 'ambulance' & some color behind makes reading difficult. Next recolor looks more promising - a surf theme.

Comment

Walmart has downsized their MB selection and have been lacking updating stock. Kmart today unexpectedly turned one up:

Interestingly, although the ambulance is a '12 recolor, it came in a box mixed w/ both '11 and '12 cards (left and right respectively). Don't know yet what the breakdown per case is (or how many ambulances come per case).

Will say that it looks better in person than anticipated. Opened high res image tomorrow after sun is shining.

Been checking eBay every couple days to see if they'd been hitting yet. Tonight, there are 6 in the US listed and another 3 have ended, all in last day or so. Start hitting your local stores.

Comment

Overcast will have to do.

Comment

I've come across the remains of 8-9 cases now on pegs and the first one on a pallet. N case mix has this ambulance - and it is only 1 per box of 36. No wonder they aren't lasting long swinging on pegs (if even making it that far)...

Comment

Lately it's been K-Mart over Wal-Mart for new release MB, although I haven't seen the new ambulance yet. K-Mart also has the new HW Cereal cars, which don't include the 59 funny car but have a cool version of the Chevelle wagon.

Comment

That new tool '70 Chevelle SS sedan delivery is also in HW DC Comics line. Picked one up as it's begging for a service car makeover. Haven't found time yet.

New release MB are also hitting Targets as well - which usually lack behind Walmart. Here is the UPC to check stock in-store (or by calling customer service):

MB description leaves much to be desired from a truthful standpoint...

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                            That new tool '70 Chevelle SS sedan delivery .
                            That's interesting to note, because the four door 70 Chevelle Wagon has been out in various forms for a while now, but the new one is a two door panel. I wonder how much of the first design is incorporated into the second, if any at all?

Image insertion tool appears to be busted ATM...
                            Last edited by R U INJRD; 11-18-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Got one today. I went to 3 Walmarts, 1 Target and 1 Kmart. I found it at the Target. I was surprised Target had it, usually I find cars at Walmart.

Comment

Working...
                              X