flea market+ toy finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flea market+ toy finds

Last Saturday I went to a live auction of a toy collection an hour away. Managed to win 3 lots before the auction was canceled 20 minutes later due to not enough registered bidders (19). Hundreds of lots remained unsold. Fortunate to grab what I did.

Then hit an estate sale. This morning, another flea market. Below are the fun hearses/Caddies scored between the three places. Those available have green prices. Pretty stoked to find the slot cars cheaper than retail.

Still have several other hearse diecast remaining as well.

6 bucks for the wicked wagon at the top? Id send a PM but it won't work...

Comment

Cleaned a handful of PMs out a couple days ago. Should be working. Bundle a few to offset shipping.

Comment

What are the 2 black ones with flames in the middle of that pic?
        Do you have any better shots of them?

Comment

Auto World '59 Caddy slot cars released earlier this year. Give me to tomorrow for closeups. I prefer natural sunlight.

Comment

LMS I apologize for forgetting about taking closeups sooner.

Comment

Nothing fantastic of late but this pair for $3 was a decent find. Both Rigor Motor date to 2000, Japanese card and the other is the harder to find US card variant. Happen to like the blue chrome used on engines. There are over 20 different releases of this casting dating back to '94.

Comment

At some point I will show you every single variation on this casting...

Comment

Warmer temps mean vendors pack flea markets once again. Yesterday scored over 30 '49-'64 Cadillac diecast, mainly loose, from a 7000+ piece collection being sold off. Additionally found these procars - all duplicates to throw in my hearse/ambulance trade pile:

Early this morning, an intriguing find. Wannatoy 9.25" '55 Cadillac Series 75 limo! Only seen one before (years ago) and it was plain plastic, no detail. Maybe hand painted? Nice job if so. Seller bought at a random port stop during a Caribbean cruise this past January.

Marked $20, seller said he'd take $15. While pulling money out, seller spotted/wanted an '11 HW Super Treasure Hunt in my hand. Had just paid $1 for it, worth $20-$25...done deal! Although I don't collect limos per se this '55 may stick around for awhile.

Comment

Damn, made in USA, I would say it's a keeper for sure.

Comment

First decent flea market outing of the season. Usually an early bird but this morning awaited rains tapering off. I can thank rain for keeping buyers away!

2 Auto World slots, 8 JL hearses, and 5 VHTF HW Retro Entertainment Ecto, all found between two vendors. Most of this haul makes its way into my spares pile for trading/selling.

If only these were scored before Asheville hearse meet.

Comment

There's only 2 decent flea markets around here and both are around 30 miles in opposite directions. Maybe we can find something worth the drive.

Comment

Working...
                        X