NHAA Johny Lightning Ambulance Rare Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHAA Johny Lightning Ambulance Rare Error

Just bought this NHAA Johny Lightning Hearse at a local trade show and as I was looking at it I noticed that the rim in the back was a solid disk type rim and the front one is a craiger style rim. This is a total mess up by Johny lightning. Should be worth a pretty penny. Only paid $3 for it.
    meanstreetknives@hotmail.com
    e1.jpg
    e2.jpge3.jpge4.jpge5.jpg

Not bad, I wonder if anyone else has found something like that.

I don't really care about errors though, I'm just happy to own one.

Comment

Errors are interesting, but I don't think they command much more money than their correct counterparts, maybe less. Where it gets interesting is when an "error" car gets the wrong wheels front and back, because the chances of that happening are much more rare, and it potentially goes from being an "error" to a "variation". With one set of wrong wheels (or missing one axle), that's a case where a machine didn't install the part or one different part got mixed in with the rest, and not uncommon. With two non-standard axle/wheel sets, that likely means a fair amount of the wrong axles/wheels got in the mix, and it means that a new "variation" will start turning up (sometimes in extremely limited quantities).

Comment

I disagree I've been collecting die cast cars for years and error cars are alot more valuable just like anything now a days made by machines like money, stamps, baseball cards, ext. The reason being like anything else it means there are only few out of thousands like it. I've seen error cars go for 10x the money as standard ones. Now what makes them worth more is how many errors are out there. I have yet to see another as I own 8 nhaa ambulances. If anyone else has one I would like to know.

Comment

If you're getting that kind of money for the errors you describe, consider yourself lucky. I don't see anything on Ebay selling for anything near that:

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_saca...plete=1&_sop=3

Aside from a General Lee freak paying too much for a General Lee with a loose steering wheel, most cars with errors aren't selling for more than what people paid for them. There's a black with white top 57 hearse that sold for $4.25 that is missing the inside of a wheel. Not exactly a gold mine.

Comment

I've seen his collection, what he says is true. However I didn't know he had 8 NHAA cars!

Mine has the same tires as his back wheel, at least on the driver's side. I'm not opening the package to find out about the other side.

Car would be cooler if it had our logo on the window too.

Comment

i wanna get rich off hotwheels. just like them furbys i was doublin my moneys.

Comment

2012-07-11_15-27-37_408.jpg2012-07-11_15-27-37_408.jpgInteresting, once when I was looking for JL hearses and stumbled across a 77 Monaco casting packaged as a 1993 SVT F-150 Lighning? Would this be an "error" JL? Is it too, worth a pretty penny? Ill cut you a deal on it Dead_Society!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SmoothNlow; 07-11-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X