No announcement yet.

FOURTH ANNUAL PINE BOX DERBY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG THANKS to everyone who attended, planned, raced and volunteered for this event. I believe that it was the best year for attendance, definitely the highest number of race participants.

Racer #2 has now been retired (see photo), so I will be building a third one for next year, something very competitive. I appreciate the award for Most Spectacular Accident, which I think I took last year as well, but next year, I will be competing for speed instead. I've let you guys slide too long.

Will post some pics after I've recovered a little. I'm just totally exhausted.

-d
    Attached Files

Comment

Morella, we were talking about after you left, how you still hold the all time record. I think it was the best year for attendance too. Hopefully John will have a racer next year!

Comment

Something that I thought of...

Building for top speed is different than building for low time. Since you spend more time accelerating near the top of the hill, low-speed wheel friction is most important when you're racing for time, and wind resistance isn't that big a deal. When you're racing for top speed, wind resistance becomes more important.

That's my #1 tip for the day. My #2 tip is, don't build something suicidally dangerous that you can lose control and get thrown out of.

Does anyone have pictures to post yet?

-denise

Comment

Looks like everyone had fun at Morella's expence

Yeas, someone please post pictures.

Comment

I just posted a few in the picture post section, but here is a link to all of mine.

Pine Box Derby Pics …..Click here!

Who else has pictures?

Comment

I'll try to get mine posted from work tomorrow. I'm too burned out to deal with it now...we just rolled into town. I should have some movies that I can save to .mpg as well.

"Denise refused medical treatment" haha It was only a flesh wound.

-d

Comment

Wheeeeee!!

All I can say is, Way fuckin' way! Not gonna miss this one even if I up and die!

Joey

Comment

Working...
                X