Getting our $#!T together...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting our $#!T together...

So, here it is, 2009. What happened to 2008? Well, apathy happened.

We had our sencond-lowest turnout for the casket races. Didn't see some people who asked "When is the club getting together???"

The Texas Frightmare Weekend Hearse and Shock-Rod show actually went well, but I still didn't see many of you who asked "When is the club getting together???"

The benefit at the haunt went well, but only a few of you showed up. Absent were a few people who kept asking "When is the club getting together???"

The Hearse Oooze attendance was pathetic. I SERIOUSLY appreciate those who DID turn out for the two-night event (all 4 of you) but again, missed those who keep asking "When is the club getting together???"

For a myriad of reasons on my part, nothing happened in December. The biggest reason? I figured only a few people would show up. My apologies to those who asked "When is the club getting together???" and actually meant to attend whatever we might have thrown together.

So, in light of this transgression on my part, here is my attempt at making ammends. I am going to attempt to put together a SCHEDULE for everyone to see, read and plan for. I will put together a current ROSTER with ALL of your information so I can notify you of current and upcoming events. I will put together and publish an updated WEBSITE with member pictures and bios. How will this happen? With your help of course!

SCHEDULE

What are we gonna do? Well, how about we do something once a month? Six coach-related events, and six general get-together events. For example:
    January: already over
    February: Bier and Pins midnight bowling
    March: Casket Races?
    April
    May 2nd or 3rd: Texas Frightmre Weekend Hearse and Shock Rod show
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October: Hearse Oooze (pending negotiations)
    November
    December

ROSTER

Okay, I know this is a pain in the butt, but I need you to reply to me at DALLASTROCARS@YAHOO.COM with:
    Your real name
    Your preferred name within the group if different from above
    Your PHYSICAL mailing address. Street or PO box, either one
    Your BEST phone number
    The year, make, coachbuilder, model and pictures of each of your hearses
    A short bio for your club website page (optional)
    Any links to places you want people to find you (MySpace, etc)
    A picture of YOU (again, optional. Can be Glamour shots or drunken cell phone pic)

WEBSITE

Okay, as some of you have pointed out, we have been without a website for a while now. This has been due to a server issue with the provider. Our fearless leader is working on that, and I should know something soon. In the meantime, I have been working on the content. Kinda. Slowly.
    Some of the things I asked for in the above list are for the website content, so please send what you can. I'm gonna look like a right fool if we finally get the site back up and have little content to show for it.

So, you made it to the bottom of the page. Here is where I beg you to please participate. Even if it is just to reply to this email and let me know you can't get to it right now. At least then I will know you got the email and are still interested enough to read it. Apathy is killing this club. Do you want it to continue? Do you still want to be a part of it? Then please let me know.

Larry Reeves
    VP DTFCC

I recommend doing funeral races later in the year, for several reasons.

Comment

Working...
    X