Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pine Box Derby / Casket Races Sat. May 30th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine Box Derby / Casket Races Sat. May 30th!

On Saturday May 30th at noon we will be holding our annual Pine Box Derby at Flagpole Hill in Dallas just north of White Rock Lake. Racing will start around 2pm. Food and drinks are BYODE (bring yer own damn everything). Directions are here:

Peoples, if you haven't been to this event, take my word for it...it's worth doing, either as a racer or spectator. We've driven all of the way from Tucson, four times. Chaser Bill comes down from Joplin.

Our family also does Six Flags the day before or after, if anyone is interested in joining us.

I recommend that you bring folding chairs, comfortable shoes and clothes, a cooler with some drinks, and maybe something to throw on the grill. There is plenty of shade under the trees, and a pavilion, if we can get it.

If anyone wants video of this event, contact me and tell me what format you want. If there are enough requests, I will make my first attempt at putting up a Utube.

-denise

Comment

I may be going!

I talked to Jenny and she said that she was free that weekend, and wanted to see some friends there. She didn't seem totally sure, so I told her to take a day and think about it before I made reservations.

Anyway, I don't know who Jenny's friends are there, but if you remember Jenny, please come. In fact, please come anyway. It'll be a great time, even if we do have to go in the Mercury. If we can drive 1800 miles, you guys can come across town.

I could have snuck around and built another racer, but if I were to get injured, Tony would KILL me.

-denise

Comment

That's okay Denise, we'll let you use one of ours And as for the video, PLEASE do Utube it, and I'll link it on the Trocars website!

Comment

If anyone was far enough down the hill to film my wreck in 2006 (the airplane car), PLEASE send me a PM. I was behind the tree, and Tony missed filming the highlight of the race. I never got to see me flying through the air with a racer wrapped around my ass.

I'm working on the video. I got the 2005 runs scanned into a video editor, and I think it will publish directly to Utube.

Do you know the names of the people who raced that three-wheeler, the winner in 05? If so, I can get their names into the credits. Otherwise, I'll probably just put us all down as Trocars.

I still have that "Ride the Box" video too, that covers 03-04, I think, with stills and video, and the 05 disk with the interviews on it. Hopefully we'll have some 09 footage. I got Tony's OK to go, and he said that he might even go, or meet us there.

Must not have scanned the 06 footage yet, because on the 05, I still had those spring struts, and I went to bicycle wheels in 06.

Hope to seeya soon

-denise

Comment

We got the Racer built, gonna paint this weekend, then Dallas the next weekend. We are coming in Friday this time.

Comment

No race entry, but plan on attending and bringing my video camera and maybe the coach if I can get that dayum trans. modulator off and swaped out!

Comment

Be sure you clean well around the modulator before you pull it, so that you don't get scunge in your fluid. Brake parts cleaner does well for small areas, but dry it before you put on your vinyl gloves, if you use them. If it's reeeeely scungy, an ordinary garden hose sprayer will get it clean enough to finish up around it with the spray can of cleaner. Spend another ten cents and replace that little piece of vacuum hose too. You would be surprised at how many people don't.

If you put your camera near the bottom of the hill, at least far enough to see around the tree, you'll have a better chance at catching a good crash, although they have happened higher up, and be sure to zoom T-W-T as you follow the car past you. Balance the tripod so that you can sweep the road with your vertical locked, keep the remote control in your hand for the zoom, and you'll have an easier time catching the action. I recommend the best quality setting as well, since you're shooting action.

We're leaving Thursday, will probably do Six Flags Friday, if anyone is interested. I can't do coasters anymore, but I'll have one of those great burgers and watch you, and I do lots of other rides, like the moustache ride, and the two blondes on a waterbed ride. We also may be in the mood to party Sunday, if anyone wants to get together. Previously, we've always had to get back to work, but I don't have that problem anymore.

This may sound stupid, but I've been disabled for two years, and I haven't had a vacation! Drugs and TV aren't as much fun as they were 30 years ago.

-denise

Comment

We're committed. Well, committed is a bad word...better to say that we are coming.

We got our hotel, La Quinta Six Flags as usual, and the Mercury is on the trickle charger. Jenny can drive me back if anyone wants to party Sunday, though. She doesn't drink. We're arriving Thurs night and leaving Monday. I can't believe how well this fits into our schedule...like Gaw-aw-aw-duh meant it to be. We'll all be surprised at how much our kids have grown up, and I'm a hundred pounds lighter.

Unfortunately, without the hearse, I won't have a big powerplant and lots of materials, but I can probably manage a Sawzall, some tools and scraps, and a hardware bucket.

Let's have a nice turnout! I long to see you all.

-denise

Comment

...and we were doing so good...

I'm sorry. I think I've said this the last three years or so, but never so late. I really was coming, but I have to cancel. I'm getting ready to call the hotel. If I knew where Jenny was, I would call her. Tony doesn't answer his phone.

Please don't call me to ask why. I'm in no condition to talk, so I won't answer. This race is "absitively" the best thing I could possibly do for myself, but someone else's selfishness is keeping me here.

I'll continue this in "The Tomb", because it's a long story, and I need to ask for advice.

-denise

Comment

I'm sorry you won't be able to be there.

Comment

The wife and i booked the hotel last night, and the top secret pics of the racer leaked on to the web over the weekend, so i am gonna post one here to give ya'll and idea how serious we are this time.

Comment

K that didn't work
                          so here is a link http://www.thechariotsofthedead.com/...%20Racer/2.jpg

Comment

I am SO looking forward to this one rolling.... over.... Looks great man! See you Saturday!

Comment

That is sweet! You could roll it if you wanted to, but I wouldn't...unless you have your heart set on winning the Most Spectacular Crash Award.

Those tires are going to be slow, so put as much air in them as you can, without making them explode, possibly taking your manhood with them.

You know...Jenny has been gone for two days and is coming back tomorrow. She didn't tell me until yesterday that she was leaving for her grandmother's house, and now it's too late. I can't drive all night.

I want her gone. I WANT HER DEAD!!!! Uggh...just blowing off steam. In case a dozen MAC11-bearing mulattos jump her in the alley, I didn't send them, unless I have psychic powers.

-denise ( species Fuckiefuckie Stuckherias )

Comment

Working...
                              X